Sears book

Woody

Reaction score
I saw a commercial by Sears about the Sears book and it had some pretty nice music going on in the background. I saw it on the 13th. Anyone know what it is?

Ohh in the commercial people were flipping things in the room like a page in a book to change it.

I've been searching for a while now and haven't found anything yet. I'd love to know.

anyone? it sounds like I Summon You by Spoon, but I don't think that's it.

I don't think that Brendon Benson song was it. It's the commercial where the show a family throughout the years flipping objects in the house as if they were pages to a catalog.

I think the melody may be "it's like coming home", I searched that in Itunes and didn't find anything that sounded like it. I'm going to keep searching..I'll let you know if I find something.

Originally posted by jm812a@May 14 2007, 10:32 AM
I don't think that Brendon Benson song was it. It's the commercial where the show a family throughout the years flipping objects in the house as if they were pages to a catalog.
jm812a, I'm referring to the one where a woman is flipping through a Sears book and "building" a kitchen. It's definitely the Brendan Benson song. Maybe there's another version of the Sears book commercial? Wish I could help :)

Its a good song, but its not the one from the commercial. the one from the commercial is a little slower and I believe its acoustic

Wait...............Just downloaded it. Definitely it. Just in the commercial its all acoustic I believe. Thanks guys :peace:

Ok everybody, I can understand the confusion, because the song does sound a lot like Brendan Benson. Maybe Sears has another commercial with his song "What I'm Looking For," but it is definitely NOT the song used in this commercial, as the lyrics are completely different. The correct song, the one that IS in the commercial, is called "Coming Home" by a band called "The 88."

You can hear the song for yourself on their Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/the88

Hope this clears everything up! It's a great song.

Originally posted by benksmithsf@May 16 2007, 10:48 AM
Ok everybody, I can understand the confusion, because the song does sound a lot like Brendan Benson. Maybe Sears has another commercial with his song "What I'm Looking For," but it is definitely NOT the song used in this commercial, as the lyrics are completely different. The correct song, the one that IS in the commercial, is called "Coming Home" by a band called "The 88."

???

Lyrics from the Sears commercial:

"Well I don't know what I'm looking for
but I know that I just wanna look some more
And I won't be satisfied 'till there's nothing left that I haven't tried..."

lyrcis from Brendan Benson's, 'What I'm Looking For':

Identical tune & voice.... :unsure:

Originally posted by feelark+May 16 2007, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (feelark @ May 16 2007, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-benksmithsf@May 16 2007, 10:48 AM
Ok everybody, I can understand the confusion, because the song does sound a lot like Brendan Benson. [snip] The correct song, the one that IS in the commercial, is called "Coming Home" by a band called "The 88."
[snip]
???

Lyrics from the Sears commercial:

lyrcis from Brendan Benson's, 'What I'm Looking For':

Identical tune & voice.... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
The 88 Coming Home Lyrics
Won&#146;t you be good to yourself
Don&#146;t you feel like coming home
It&#146;ll be good
It&#146;ll be like coming home

Blend all your days into weeks
Keep all your thoughts to yourself
It&#146;ll be good

Because you need a place to stay
And I&#146;ve been feeling dead since you went away
You better believe what I tell you cuz you&#146;re coming home

Won&#146;t you bring light to my day
Won&#146;t you be somebody new
It&#146;ll be good

And tell me that you wanna be
With nobody else but me
It&#146;ll be good

Because you need a place to stay
And I&#146;ve been feeling dead since you went away
You better believe what I tell you cuz you&#146;re coming home

But oh, it&#146;s not a joke
It&#146;s got a butler, and a maid, and a stove
It&#146;s nothing new
It&#146;s up to you
And when I feel it
I hope you feel it too
Did you hear it
Yeah I heard it
And I think she&#146;s coming home to me

La la la la la la la...

Originally posted by benksmithsf@May 16 2007, 10:48 AM

bensksmifs, I just followed the link you provided. I've heard that one as well. There must be several versions of the Sears book commercials.

The 88's MySpace Blog

Okay everyone, listen up...

There is obviously two separate Sears commercials with the first one being "What I'm Looking For." However, The 88's song "Coming Home" is featured in a Sears ad that aired on May 13, 2007. Follow the link and you'll see their press release, plus you can hear the song on their page.

Originally posted by doctormemory+May 15 2007, 08:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doctormemory @ May 15 2007, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-feelark@May 14 2007, 07:21 AM
The song is "What I'm Looking For" by Brendan Benson. [snip]
Get it at Amazon.

;) [/b][/quote]
"Coming Home" by The 88

Get it at Amazon.

In the interest of world peace and harmony...

<_< ;) :D :rolleyes:

Back