Across the Universe

Nope, the one right before that. Hey Jude I'm cultivated enough to recognise lol ;)

Tho that's a different version of Hey Jude and it does sound quite good. But it's still the one before that I'd like to know.

I think it's then "Being for the benifit of mr. kite" I'm not 100% sure but it might be it

Doesn't sound anything like what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something instrumental, plays right when it says "so did day", not much before, stops when Hey Jude starts and it sounds quite heavy. Not kids-song-like, like Mr. Kite.

To be more precise, it's the song that plays when the girl tells him "we're in the middle of a revolution Jude, and what are you doing?"

Other internet sources indicate the cover in question is performed by Bono.

The song playing at "we're in the middle of a war here Jude" is 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' from the Abbey Road Album. Cover though, obviously.

The 'Hey Jude' cover is by Bono? For real?

That does not at all sound like Bono singing "Hey Jude"; I think it's actually an actor in the film that sings it. But Bono does appear to be in the movie, and you can actually see him, briefly, in the trailer.

in the trailer for the new movie, "across the universe" the last song of it is a really cool cover of a beatles song. does anyone know who does that cover?

p.s. that movie looks amazing

thank you!

Does anybody know what the song is at 1:12, at the beginning of the war and protest scenes. Very Vietnam-ish sounding heavy song. I can't make out the lyrics though.

i think the lyrics at that point are "will you want to, want you to make you" or something like that- i don't know the song though

Originally posted by agb191@Feb 27 2007, 11:56 AM
i think the lyrics at that point are "will you want to, want you to make you" or something like that- i don't know the song though
Those are lyrics from "Helter Skelter", can't find any info though who's doing any of these covers for the soundtrack.

Obviously the first track in the trailer is "Girl" by the Beatles, but is the one in the trailer a special version just for the film? It sounds pretty darn good, and I'd like to find out who it's by if possible. Thanks!

There is a whole thread on this trailer with which you will no doubt soon be merged.

It sounds to me like the vocals for "Girl" "Hey Jude" and "Across The Universe" are all the same person. Who that person is hasn't, as yet, been brought to light. Bono has been suggested but it doesn't sound like him to me

Finding several threads at IMDb that say most of the music is done by cast members. If so then those three songs would be sung by Jim Sturgess the guy that plays Jude.

Ah, sorry :( I looked for another thread but evidently not hard enough... my bad.

Anyway, I heard that Jim Sturgess sang it, but as you can guess, a copy of the song is hard to find. Guess we'll just have to wait for the soundtrack, eh? Thanks a lot for your help :)

Back