New Daniel Day-Lewis Movie Coming out in 2007.

jffodom

Reaction score
:ph34r:

So I just read my e-mail that another of My Personal Heros Daniel Day-Lewis is starring in another film set to be released in 2007.

The name of the film is There Will Be Blood.

Now you and I both know that having Daniel Day-Lewis in a movie with this title will be nothing short of spectacular. IE: His role in Gangs Of New York. He will be great in it.

So lets look @ his leading Character and role shall we:

His character is simply called "Plainview".

"A story about family, greed, religion, and oil, centered around a turn-of-the-century Texas prospector (Daniel Day-Lewis) in the early days of the business."

We all know how well Daniel Day-Lewis can act in these early century period films.

Sounds to me like another monster "hit" and success by My Personal Hero Daniel Day-Lewis. Most assuredly there will be many Oscar Nominations for him and this movie.

I am just letting you know. Giving you "heads up".

but he didn't get an oscar for his role in gangs of new york

I will cry everytime this is mentioned. :cry:

It is an unfortunate fact that Mr. Day-Lewis did not win the Academy Award for his role as "Bill the Butcher Cutting" based on the real American New Yorker Bill "The Butcher" Poole in Gangs of New York. I am still working on my letter of disdain and disappointment to the voters from the "Academy" about how this miscarriage of justice can occur.

Let us put the past and the fact that his Oscar was basically STOLEN right out of his hands behind us and focus on his up-and-coming new role in There Will Be Blood.

This time....I hope Daniel Day-Lewis will be vindicated.

After sleeping and thinking about this autrocity of Daniel Day-Lewis not winning the Best Actor Academy Award for Gangs of New York, I have realized that he rightfully lost for 3 reasons. The same 3 reasons that Denzel Washington won his Oscar for Training Day. I will make this "short and sweet" so no one is reading an essay or term paper.

Reason #1: Ending of the script for Gangs of New York.

Unfortunately, Martin Scorsese wanted to jump about 10 years ahead in history and have the New York City Draft Riots during the Civil War in 1863 kill one of the greatest characters in American Cinema (Bill "The Butcher" Cutting). He should have had Day-Lewis die the same way the real "Bill The Butcher" of New York City died; in a massive New York City gang fight and brawl in about 1855. That would have made the movie better and allowed Day-Lewis a better plot ending to work with and shine in. It would have also been a great ending to watch in theaters.

Where as Denzel Washington was able to have a beautiful death (my opinion) by being in a fight that lasted the majority of the endind in Training Day and then being shot to pieces by Russians with HK G3s and AK-47s. Beats drowning or growing old.

Reason #2: Casting Leonardo DiCaprio as his enemy/friend.

In 2000 you had any number of British/Irish actors that would have done much better in the role of "Amsterdam Vallon" played by DiCaprio. Scorsese should have cast an actor more "rugged" and tough. Daniel Craig and Colin Ferell or someone along those lines should have had the part.

Reason #3: Casting Cameron Diaz as the "Love Interest".

I am sure Sienna Miller or Kate Winslett or any other British actresses were available to clearly play a better "Jenny" than Diaz. The movie would have been more authentic with and authentic British "love Interest".

In hind site, it is proper that Daniel Day-Lewis did not win the Acacemy Award for his Lead role in Gangs of New York. He had too many factors going against him, even if his performance was flawless. In every part of the movie, Day-Lewis stole every scene. Unfortunately, other than James Broadent (William Tweed) no other actors (DiCaprio & Diaz) were worth stealing scenes from.

Denzel Washington was blessed to have a great cast that allowed him to "work his magic" and take home his Oscar winnings.

Lets ALL hope and prey that Daniel Day-Lewis is able to recover and hit Oscar "Pay Dirt" with his new film There Will Be Blood because the cast is fresh and authentic and this film and his performance have Academy Award and Oscar "Gold" written all over it. And I smell a Winner!

Back