Pink Floyd on PBS

Blood Feast Island Man

Reaction score
I saw Pink Floyd's "Pulse" on PBS a couple of Weeks ago and it was a great show! Anyway what I need to know is, what song was being played while there was that large tranforming shpere that came down from the ceiling of the auditorium and was emitting a bright white light. It was a totally awsome sounding guitar solo.

Please tell me if you know.

yeah I did, and it was no good. But the funny thing was the concert was on t.v again last night. Long story short I found it.

"Comfortably numb" was the song

Anything & everything by Floyd & Zep is worth getting. :rolleyes: They make the Beatles look like a bunch of punk-ass bitches.

In fact, it's my personal theory that the Beatles broke up because their music just couldn't compete with Floyd & Zep. :eek: Now, Strawberry Fields was a pretty damn deep, but most of their other great, great, great stuff was just too upbeat & God damn happy-go-lucky. :angry:

Sinatra owned the 1940's, Elvis owned the 1950's, the Beatles owned the 1960's, but Floyd & Zep owned the 1970's. Of course, ABBA also owned 1977-1980. ;)

Of course, the "official" version is that the evil Yoko-zilla broke them up. Please. :rolleyes: Aside from Lennon's Imagine, all of the post Beatle songs by the former band mates was just unremarkable pop. I mean think about it, this is why figure skaters always quit after they win an Olympic gold medal. They are just too afraid to lose after they summit the sport. :eek:

'Course, none of 'em, genius song writers & gay figure skaters alike, would ever admit to it. :)

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai@Apr 3 2007, 05:11 AM
Anything & everything by Floyd & Zep is worth getting. :rolleyes: They make the Beatles look like a bunch of punk-ass bitches.

I'd agree 100%, Floyd and Zepplin are two of favorite bands EVER! I'm trying to establish a collection of their stuff right now because honestly I can't stop listening to them. They're just too good :)!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Blood Feast Island Man+Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blood Feast Island Man @ Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
I'd agree 100%, Floyd and Zepplin are two of favorite bands EVER! I'm trying to establish a collection of their stuff right now...
[/b]

Hmm. It seems you're merely an pathetic initiate--a newbie to Floyd. :rolleyes: I'm going by the hunch that anyone would know about Comfortably Numb... (FYI, I only discovered Floyd 3 years ago.:blush:)

Anyway, just in case you don't know about some of their other key songs:

1. Money
2. Us & Them
3. Time
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Wearing The Inside Out
6. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (all parts)
7. Learning To Fly
8. Another Brick in the Wall, parts I & II
9. Mother
10. The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Advice: Get the latest digitally remastered versions--on CD!!!

And you should probably get these too:

1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
2. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
3. Natalie Merchant - Carnival (Live, 7 mins--the original version is great, but the live version is absolutely mesmerizing.)
4. Santana - Black Magic Woman
5. Eric Clapton - Layla
6. The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
7. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

---There's a lot more! :rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin-Blood Feast Island Man
@Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM

honestly I can't stop listening to them. They're just too good :)!!!!!!!
[/quote]

O, yeah. Tell me about it! I often keep Us and Them, Wish You Were Here and Shine On You Crazy Diamond on infinite loops.:D I love driving at night to these songs. But my ideal setting for listening to them is on a empty red-eye flight, where you can see the moonlight glistening over the clouds. :p

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai+Apr 4 2007, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai @ Apr 4 2007, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Blood Feast Island Man@Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM

I'd agree 100%, Floyd and Zepplin are two of favorite bands EVER! I'm trying to establish a collection of their stuff right now...

Hmm. It seems you're merely an pathetic initiate--a newbie to Floyd. :rolleyes: I'm going by the hunch that anyone would know about Comfortably Numb... (FYI, I only discovered Floyd 3 years ago.:blush:)

Anyway, just in case you don't know about some of their other key songs:

1. Money
2. Us & Them
3. Time
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Wearing The Inside Out
6. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (all parts)
7. Learning To Fly
8. Another Brick in the Wall, parts I & II
9. Mother
10. The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Advice: Get the latest digitally remastered versions--on CD!!!

And you should probably get these too:

1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
2. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
3. Natalie Merchant - Carnival (Live, 7 mins--the original version is great, but the live version is absolutely mesmerizing.)
4. Santana - Black Magic Woman
5. Eric Clapton - Layla
6. The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
7. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

---There's a lot more! :rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin-Blood Feast Island Man
@Apr 3 2007, 09:50 PM

honestly I can't stop listening to them. They're just too good :)!!!!!!!

O, yeah. Tell me about it! I often keep Us and Them, Wish You Were Here and Shine On You Crazy Diamond on infinite loops.:D I love driving at night to these songs. But my ideal setting for listening to them is on a empty red-eye flight, where you can see the moonlight glistening over the clouds. :p [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I'm a total newbie, but I did finish listening to that list.

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!

Sad really. Floyd haven't done anything worth listening to since Wish You Were Here - they lost most of their true muse when Syd crashed and burned - everything else is a Gilmour ego trip. Zeppelin haven't done anything worthwhile since LZ2, except maybe Stairway To Heaven, and that's stretching it. Today was the 40th anniversary of the 14 hour Technicolour Dream. Nothing's changed, we're finding new ways to kill and rip each other off. I just feel very sad. :peace:

Originally posted by Armoury Cat@Apr 20 2007, 02:48 PM
Sad really. Floyd haven't done anything worth listening to since Wish You Were Here - they lost most of their true muse when Syd crashed and burned - everything else is a Gilmour ego trip. Zeppelin haven't done anything worthwhile since LZ2, except maybe Stairway To Heaven, and that's stretching it. Today was the 40th anniversary of the 14 hour Technicolour Dream. Nothing's changed, we're finding new ways to kill and rip each other off. I just feel very sad. :peace:
downer................

Back