Advertising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Status

Default Stories that would make a good Hollywood film

Sponsored Links

There are films that have been successful because they are based on true stories. Movies like Titanic, The Queen ,Flags of Our Fathers, Invincible, The Last King of Scotland and films along these lines.

Here are Ninja's stories that would make a good film:

Letters from General Ho Chi Minh: The Vietnam War told through the eyes and words of the Vietnamese. How the Viet Cong fought the war and made Guerilla warfare a powerful tactic. The feelings of North Vietnamese fighting their brothers in the South. Discusses about the Tet Offensive and the eventual departure of the American forces. This film would also include local villager accounts. Basically, another Clint Eastwood movie like Letters from Iwo Jima. Not the typical Platoon / The Deer Hunter or other 80's Vietnam War movies.

Bloody Bill Anderson: The story of the Kansas/Missouri gang led by William (Bloody Bill) Anderson during the Civil War. This "Confederate" group killed every Union loyalist, soldier and sympathizer they came across. Jesse James once rode with them during their murderous raids but found them to evil and savage to stay and ride with them. The Confederate Army never officially recognized them. The most dramatic part of the movie will be the executions of the 200 Union soldiers on a train by "Bloody Bill" and his gang in Missouri. "Bloody Bill" will be played by Daniel Day Lewis. If told truthfully and with little fanfair, this would be a very good film that would focus on this gang and their actions only and not other Civil War stories or groups. Not like the typical Civil War movie such as Gods and Generals or outlaw movies about Western criminals like Billy the Kid.

The Tenerife Air disaster: The worst Airline disaster in the history of aviation happened on March 27, 1977. The two Boeing 747s belonged to Pan Am Flight 1736 and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight 4805. Both airliners collided on the runway at the northern part of the Tenerife airport in the Canary Islands, Spain after being diverted there from their original destination airport due to a terrorist bomb threat. This aviation miscalculation and accident killed 583 people. One survivor got off the plane to look for her friend just before it started to taxie down the runway. If told and filmed properly, this could be a very dramatic and tear-jerking film.

Unauthorized Pete Rose Documentary: Basically a film about Pete Rose and his MLB Baseball career. How he bet on Baseball and so on. It would end with Pete Rose finally being allowed to enter the MLB Hall of Fame.

The True Story of Murder Inc.: This film would be the true story about the early 20th century (early 1900s) American Gangland "hit" group/squad known as Murder Inc.. Al Capone had Alcohol and brothels as his rackets, Lucky Luciano had garments and sanitation as his illegal rackets but Louis "Lepke" Buchalter had murder as his racket. He formed a group of killers that would travel across The United States and murder anyone they were paid to murder without questions or reasons. This Murder Inc. was responsible for about 700 murders. Murder Inc. also produced the only Major Mob Boss and Gangster (Louis "Lepke" Buchalter) to ever go to the electric chair and be executed in America. Dustin Hoffman will play Louis "Lepke" Buchalter. Makes for a dramatic and riveting film.

Just a thought.

Status

on the murder, inc. one, would it be a remake of the original movie or a new take on the subject?

Status

You READ that?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Status

It would be a newer version that is completely accurate and true with none of Hollywood's jibberjabber or glamorous romantic displays. So yes, I guess it would be a new take on the subject. But in order for it to be a good note-worthy film, it must stay exactly like true events and not add in any of that "Hollywood magic".
    I think it should not be like Kingdom of Heaven or Titanic where Hollywood took a true story and added in some glorious mess and plot that made the serious and important event appear more romantic and less important. It should be filmed exactly as documents, history and evidence show it.

Fukushima hybrid gopher givemfitz's Avatar
    Status

They make films like that all the time. But usually not in Hollywod. They're called documentaries and they rarely turn a profit.
    As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"

Status

Yes, This I know. Your point is extremely valid and solidified.
    But I will like to see actual films with Hollywood Actors that can be seen by the masses. Like a big movie that is well advertised with posters and film festival debuts and big name actors. Documentaries are often sent to DVD and PBS and not many people view them. It may be a "long shot" but it is just my thoughts.

I would think the Pete Rose movie should be easy to do as well as the Vietnam War/ Ho Chi Minh movie.