Children of Men

one of my fav artists "Rigur Ros" did the song and its called "Hoppipolla".

the other songs i hear, the first is maybe from The Ring score and a mix of The Island score.

The first song sounds like an orchestra version of the Rolling Stones song Gimme Shelter. Anyone know the artist?

I know the song is a violen version of the song, "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones, but does anyone know if it's possible to find this song anywhere? Or who it's done by?
Thanks!

WOW. where did you see a trailer for "Children Of Men" (i havent checked apple as i write this) damn was i sleeping. This is Alfonso Cuaron's follow-up to his "Harry Potter" film and "Y Tu Mama" and stars Clive (freakin best un-Bond ever) Owen! This will also be at VENICE FILM FEST. By the way i'll look into your song...

Oh yeah, I used to have that album. It's an interesting—if not altogether good—album, and "Gimme Shelter" is definitely one of the better tracks.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the song at the end of the trailer is "Hoppípolla" by Sigur Rós.

Song is "Gimme Shelter" (duh) by the London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Choral Society on the album "Symphonic Music Of The Rolling Stones"

The music which is played when we see the titles showing from director... is from The Island soundtrack track 4 Starkweather.
As with the first music it is not The Ring that is what I thought, but it is from The Island soundtrack also, track 9 I'm not ready to die.

Hello
Can anyone tell me the Music that palys throughout the Children of Men trailer
( it was also used by the BBC a while ago to advertise their new season of BBC dramas)
Thank You :)

the only trailer that i've seen uses sigur ros's hoppipolla

i heard that it was the LSO's version of Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones. I've been unable to find it anywhere though for purchase

Yay! That's the one.

Many thanks!

Apparently on a 1994 album "Symphonic Music of the Rolling Stones"... now I've just got to try and find a copy! ;)

/A

This has driven me nuts since I first saw the trailers for Gothika. Its a dark, creepy piece of music, has echoes of the tubular bells score to it. Sounds like harp or some kinda string being plucked, with a deep bass behind it. Now theyre using it in a new teaser for The Children of Men.

Its not Hippopola, or however its spelt. And its driving me nuts! haha.

Any help much appreciated.

I believe the song you're looking for is called "Stem-Long Stem" by DJ Shadow. You can find it on iTunes here.

Hope this helps!

-BT7

Yeah, there are plenty of threads about the children of men trailer music but Im looking for the Muse song used in the TV spot. Like stated above, I know its by the band "Muse (UK)" but for the life of me I cant figure out what song it is. Methinks its knights of sadonia(sp) but Im not sure.

Can anyone confirm that or know what the song actually is? For all I know Im wrong on all counts. Wouldnt be the first time. :lol:

Map of the Problematique - Muse
(Black Holes and Revelations)

I was hoping everyone could help me identify the music in this trailer. I'm specifically talking about the segment in the first part, running from 0:23 to 0:53. The link is below.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/childrenofmen/

I know that the last segment of the trailer is Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros. What I'm really hoping to find is the name of that first section. It sounds distinctly familiar.

Thanks all.

Back