Most disappointing movie for you?

jffodom

Reaction score
:ph34r:
The most disappointing movie of the week for me was The New World. It was Colin Ferrel and some Native Americans. I was wondering where are all the killings and Native Indian battles that were fought against the English settlers. Then half way through the movie, I saw that the movie was rated "PG-13." I completely misunderstood the plot of the movie. I just thought it was an action movie with Colin Ferrel fighting battles against the Indians. My Bad. So for me, this movie was the biggest disappointment and purchase of the week. I hope Apoclypto will be better.

Dude, start a blog or something. Oh wait, you're probably too busy for that. :rolleyes:

Native Americans or anyone being killed would be action. Colin Ferrel in a movie equals action. Or so I thought. Silly me.

Yes, I am pretty busy these days since the weather is getting warmer. I can only post @ certain times when I am free. But thanks for your Blog suggestion.

Thanks guys

Originally posted by jffodom@Mar 26 2007, 04:18 PM
Native Americans or anyone being killed would be action. Colin Ferrel in a movie equals action. Or so I thought. Silly me.
Hey, He's Colin Farell, not Vin Diesel. Go watch phonebooth or something he's awesome there

And I saw Apocalypto and I was so disappointed. I watch those kinds of movies so I can see big ancient cities and be amazed. Not much there, I'm afraid.

Well if you didn't like The New World, try The Thin Red Line. It's a WWII movie. :)

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Mar 27 2007, 06:39 AM
Well if you didn't like The New World, try The Thin Red Line. It's a WWII movie. :)
:lol:

Hey, there were some real battles in there.

Emotional battles.

Still, no action does not mean bad movie.

Originally posted by Scythe@Mar 29 2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, I know this, but The New World had a trailer that made it seem like a good action movie. Like crazy Natives running around and so on. The Trailer did not make it seem like a "love" story.

Well, better luck for me next time :ph34r:

Originally posted by Scythe@Mar 29 2007, 09:32 AM
Hey, there were some real battles in there.

Emotional battles.

Your logic is flawed. ;)

I watched Ghost Rider with my friend's kids. I should forget I even saw it. It was pathetic.

Originally posted by jffodom@Apr 2 2007, 01:15 PM
I watched Ghost Rider with my friend's kids. I should forget I even saw it. It was pathetic.
Finally; something we can both agree on. :D

OK....so i purchased Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch because I hear that they were good Guy Ritchie movies.

In the mail, I recieved Snatch first. So I watch it first.

I thought it was very good and well done. Very good movie.

My favorite part being when the big boxer "George" fights Brad Pitt for the "Caravan" or $10,000. When Brad Pitt knocks the other guy out with 1 punch, Jason Statham's partner "Tommy" starts to get scared and cry and so on because if "George" is dead then he will be murdered as well.
This reaction to the anticipation of death was spot on perfect. When guys know they are going to lose their life, they react like this. When you see a man be told he may die or will die, his reaction is exactly like this reaction by "Tommy" in the movie. GOOD JOB RITCHIE. Very believable.

The disappointing part being:

The movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was no where close to being as good as Snatch. It was somewhat silly and seemed like a "frat boy" type movie like Animal House or something. If that is what Guy Ritchie was going for then it was good. Otherwise, I did not like it and found it disappointing compare to Snatch.

Only good part about Lock, Stock and.......was the actor named Vinnie Jones who was in both movies. He played "Bullet-Tooth Tony" in Snatch. He was good in both movies and is completely cast properly.

Well lock stock was richie's first film and had a much lower budget, I liked it though, it wasn't supposed to be serious or anything.

Re: Most disappointing movie of the week for you?

ghost rider i saw it but got bored watching it.

Re: Most disappointing movie of the week for you?

Most Dispappointing news was the PG-13 for Terminator 4. I wont go see it OR rent it! To put a PG-13 rating of that great franchise installment really disappointing!

Well, I've seen lots of movies that I just hated (like Borat, Jack (with Robin Williams), and You Don't Mess with the Zohan) - but in terms of "disappointing," what comes to mind is a movie that isn't necessarily a bad movie, but just had very high expectations that it didn't really live up to. I'm talking about The Matrix Revolutions.

The first two Matrix movies were so incredible that I liked them a lot and even let them inspire some of my user-names (ahem...). At the end of the Matrix Reloaded, you're in the middle of an epic war with compelling characters involved in complex conflicts. I was really hoping that the third one would find a profound and thrilling way to resolve these conflicts (like Return of the Jedi had, although I admit the ewoks were boring). However, it seems to me that they pretty much just ended the storylines by killing off (almost) everybody, which isn't very satisfying. It also leaves too many unanswered questions about where things will go next, since they apparently wanted to sell more video games and other products rather than truly concluding the story.

The Oracle gives away the ending very early when she says that Agent Smith is Neo's opposite, which makes it pretty obvious what the only way to get rid of Smith is. Also, I found the new Oracle's line where she said "I still like candy" to be a little offensive, since I think Gloria Foster's death was at least partially related to her diabetes.

Revolutions has a lot going for it, and I'm not calling it a bad movie. I just can't help but feel that it could've been a lot better.

Transformers - Rise of the Fallen.

Why was it disappointing?

Because the first one was so good!

What did we get in the sequel?

A stoned mom acting like a goofball, not one, not two, but three scenes of a Taco Bell dog trying hump another, farting geriatric robots that walk with canes.

GAH!

Back