The Tudors

Reaction score
i just saw this commercial for this upcoming show tonight, on shotime, and i am dying to know the song, its opera-ish, but almost sounds like enya

any suggestions?

thank you :D

The music near the end:

It starts at around the 2:48-2:53 mark and continues to the end, I think. It sounds so familiar!

I think you are talking about lacrymosa by evanescence.

If you like that you should check out their song My Immortal. Sounds similar.

Sorry, forget the My Immortal song. Wrong one. I was thinking of their song Bring Me to Life.

I can't see the clip because it's listed as a private clip. However, the only music I ever recall hearing from the Tudors commercials is that of "Lacrymosa" by Evanescense, which samples from the widely-known and used "Lacrimosa" section of Mozart's Requiem Mass.

On HBO, during a long preview/commercial of "The Tudors," a song is used that sounds a lot like Evanescence or a solo Amy Lee.

Anyone know what this song might be?

Lol nevermind... the answer to this was very easy to find.

The song is "Lacrymosa" by Evanescence.

on showtime, there was a commercial with a nice soundtrack...

something like orchestra and a heavy electro-beat...
sounds like matrix-soundtrack or a soung by roob dougan...

did anyone know this song?
thx 4 answ

Does anyone know the song that plays around 1:20 in this trailer?? The woman singing.

Who sings the song in one of The Tudors promos where Henry is making love with someone outside in the woods on a bed. The song says something like "Living in the house of God" or something like that. Male voices are singing that song. :unsure:

Good Morning,
The music/song you are looking for is

House Of Cards Citizens Of Contrary Knowledge
You can find it on Itunes.

Hi all,

I've found the other forums about other promos for the Tudors, but none addressed the song from "If You Love Me." I'm guessing that's the title of the song as well, but I can't find the artist's name anywhere. These are lyrics that I've gathered from other places on the internet and they seem pretty accurate:

"A night can be so troubling / rain so constant so enduring / clouds dark charcoal gray tomorrow... If you want my love love me lead me by my heart and win me tempt me blind me... Right above me / If you want my love then love me."

Other info: it's definitely a woman; the song starts around 1:12 of the promo.

Hopefully this will reach a wider audience and someone will be able to answer the question.

Thanks! :)

There's this choir-like song that I have heard twice.
If you go to youtube, and search "the tudors total monarchy", it's the song in that preview
and also, before the olympics started, I saw a preview on NBC where I guy pole vaulted over The Great Wall of China, and it used the same song. I've been searching for this song for a long time, and would really appreciate if someone could answer this. Thanks!

The Tudors Season 3 on Showtime

Does anyone know the name of the music in the season 3 trailer for The Tudors, that's currently playing on Showtime's website? Thanks.

Re: The Tudors Season 3 on Showtime

Hiya! Do you mean the one w/the high-pitched, operatic female singing interlaced into the commercial/spot/promo? If so, it's Within Temptation, and their song "The Truth Beneath the Rose." :)

I hope that helps, but there are like three, if not four promos out there right now for this show, so mehopes I got the right one. :) (I was looking for this latest one too, which is why I know this info. I wrote down what words I could catch in the lyrics from the promo and Googled them all. ;))

Yay good commercial music!
Nae

The Tudors Brand New Season 3 promo music

It's been on my mind for quite some time and I am really hoping that any of you may know it. I have a feeling that it's X-Ray Dog but i'm not completely sure. If someone knows it, please let me know

Here's the promo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhQCqLrGLEs

It's the song that has the choir and sounds in the same style of "Here comes the king" it ends right before Henry says "Don't play the fool...You'll lose the game."

Thank you.

The song you are looking for is called Howl. The artist performing it is called Florence & The Machine off the album "Lung".

Back