Fidelity Investments

Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai

Reaction score
I'm looking for the title/artists for a song used in an investment ad. It takes place in a home (den, home office) with a guy sitting at his desk at a computer. In the corner of the room is an aging rock star (the actual guy!) in regular clothes standing with his electric guitar and a mic. At the end of the commerical, the rock star then "rocks out" and sings: "Coochie coo..." (I think?!?)

I believe it was an ad for Fidelity investments--but not sure. The song definitely sounded like "classic rock" to me.

Please HELP! :eek: This song is deathly hard to figure out, and it's killing me! :(

P.S. If it's any consolation, I'm not from Canada. ;)

"Goo Goo Ga Ga" by Joe Scruggs?

And we were singing
Goo goo ga ga and coochie, coochie coo.
It's amazing what a little baby talk can do.
The old witch was singing and dancing too,
Saying, "Goo goo ga ga
and coochie, coochie coo."

"Rockin After Midnight" by Marvin Gaye?

I love all the joy you bring
I love the way you coochie-coo

:unsure: :blink: :huh:

^ Not sure.

I've already chanced upon Joe Scruggs.

Definitely does NOT sound like "classic rock". Well, at least not this portion of it.

So again, I'm just not sure. BTW, there was an annoucer who actually identified the aging rock star by name.

Originally posted by doctormemory@Mar 19 2007, 10:43 AM
"Rockin After Midnight" by Marvin Gaye?
:angry:

How can it be that a dead guy stands in the corner of the room and rock out with his guitar?!? <_<

Marvin died a long time ago. :rolleyes:

^ Yep, that's it. Thanx. :)

Lol, I tried to confirm that it was indeed "Rock & Roll Hoochie Coo" on Amazon, but the snippet they provided didn't even include the key lyrics. Anyway, I found it on wiki, which says he did appear in a 2006 Fidelity ad.

Hoochie Coo, Coochie Coo... Tomayto, Tomahto, right? :eek:

Back