Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status

Sponsored Links

I don't see the point in renting a DVD for 3 nights @ $3 each when I can buy the DVD for $10 - $12 each and add to my collection (But that is just me). I never complain about buying the DVDs...only the movies being bad....I still like to own the DVDs. Gives me a sense of ownership.

Regardless of my opinions about these films and actors, I would still like the opinions of others.....let this be like one big forum where we can all share our ideas and thoughts.....because thats what I thought this was. You know, a place where we give ideas and opinons and then others respond with their ideas and opinions.

Love to all

Status

Ya know, when you first start posting in these forums, you act like this complete dick and cause everyone not to like you. Now, you act all hurt when people don't take you seriously and don't want to have deep conversations about war, politics, or movies that didn't deserve an Academy Award. I mean, what do you expect?
    Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Nietzsche

Status

"thesassycynic", you also raise a good and logical point and I respect your idea.

I can expect nothing since I have no control over those who wish to respond and those who don't. No favors, I shall ask nor pleading, I will do.

I am not hurt and I am not acting hurt...and this Academy Award post is far from serious. I would think that basic opinions about movies are not "deep" conversations, perse.

My friend "givemfitz" said: "I fail to understand why the opinions of others would matter to you in something like this....." which is a valid and true point. The fact that he/she had a response at all to my post makes me happy and hopeful that all is not lost. But if all is lost, Then So Be It.

To which I responded: "Regardless of my opinions about these films and actors, I would still like the opinions of others.....let this be like one big forum where we can all share our ideas and thoughts.....because thats what I thought this was. You know, a place where we give ideas and opinons and then others respond with their ideas and opinions."

No hurt or misunderstandings involved. Just my repsonse to givemfitz point.

But i see your point thesassycynic, and thanks for your response.

And I would like to thank "givemfitz" for showing me how to properly quote the titles of books, movies, and other titles. Thank you.

Its all good

Status

*baffled*
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Status

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 19 2007, 07:40 PM
    *baffled*
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .. its all good

Status

George Clooney in Syriana : Why did Clooney win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in Syriana?? He was only on screen for about 20 total minutes and had no memorable lines or performance. His only real line that required acting was his line : "Why are they investigating me?"

The Saudi Prince whos life he tried to save should have gotten the Oscar if Clooney got it. Matt Damon did better acting by crying and furrowing his eyebrows after his son died. Hell, why not give the Pakistani suicide bomber the Oscar for his serious acting? Many other actors in Syriana were more qualified than G. Clooney.

Popularity must go a long way in deciding who gets Academy Awards.