Target back to school

wjsmcclendon

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for the name of this song that I heard in Target's new back to school commerical. It was rockish and had lyrics like "do what you want" and "saw the future in the mushy ... "

If you got anyhting please post. I will be most grateful. Thanks. -Will :D

This is not the teacher one, but the kids are writing on the floor with chalk.

I believe the song you refer to is "Do What You Want by OK GO.

So you were born in an electrical storm
took a bite out the sun
saw your future in a machine built for two
now your rays, make me kind of go crazy, shocked and awe and amaze me
just a ticker tape parade and me
but something was wrong
till you tap danced on the air in the night screaming at the top of your lungs, you said
Come on, come on
Do what you want
What could go wrong?
Oh come on come on come on, come on, do what you want
Oh come on come on
What could go wrong? Do do do do what you want
Come on

Me, I was raised amin the trickle down days I woke up numb in the haze and saw my future in a machine built for two but the light gave me some kind of fright, how did wrong get so right, and lead me stumbling through the dark of night,
Oh, something was wrong, but you tap danced on the air in the night screaming at the top of your lungs, you said
Come on, come on
Do what you want
What could go wrong?
Oh come on come on come on, come on, do what you want
Oh come on come on
What could go wrong? Do do do do what you want
Come on
D-d-d-do what you want!
D-d-d-do what you want!
Hey!
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon... (keeps on repeating)
D-d-d-do what you want, yeah!
D-d-d-do what you want, yeah!
Do what you want!
Do what you want!
Do what you want!
D-do what you want!
D-do what you want!
D-do what you want!
D-do what you want!
D-c'mon!
C'mon!
C'mon!
C'mon!
C'mon!
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-do what you want!
Yeah!

not the one where there was the CHALK ARTIST drawing the classroom, but the one where THE KIDS WERE DRAWING IN CHALK. well the song had no lyrics and it is i am pretty sure the most recent one. i having trying to find this song everywhere, but no luck yet. care to help me?please and thank you

mmm sorry no it wasn't any of those =/. the answers for that one are from the commercial where the guy draws the whole class room. the one im looking for is the back to school one where its just kids drawing in chalk

Are you talking about the one that is the cover of "Welcome back, welcome back welcome back welcome back..." because I was trying to find out who covered that song?

You're right - it's neither of those. I found this thread searching for the same song.

The whole classroom is chalkboard and the kids are drawing on the whole thing. Saw it for the second time this morning.

I'm with you danseuse. I am so crazy about the song. The horns and the breadown with the congos... it's a really great groove. I just began doing a search for the song and was surprised to see someone interested in it. I am going to bookmark this site and keep scouring the net for it. If I find anything I will post it here. Wish me luck.

Sam

It's "Go" by The Apples in Stereo. It's the first song on their 2000 album "The Discovery of a World Inside the Moone".

Back