Is this just ADTunes or Putfile in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
For the last 15 minutes this has been driving me crazy. For some reason, whenever I post putfile .com (without the space) this happens #[link deleted]#. It's driving me crazy, because I was trying to get the link working. This even happened when there was no link!
Here's what I did to solve the problem:
http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35185

The big red letters at the top of the message window and the constant reminders that we don't allow file sharing or file sharing links don't seem to be enough of a deterrent, so the forum automagically filters out file sharing urls.

Please do not post file sharing download links of any kind. Thanks.

Are there sites which only allow a song to be listened to and not downloaded or "shared"? If so, would that be acceptable to adtunes and if so does anyone know of any? Thank you.

he big red letters at the top of the message window and the constant reminders that we don't allow file sharing or file sharing links don't seem to be enough of a deterrent, so the forum automagically filters out file sharing urls.

Wow, forums these days have ALL the bells and whistles!

Originally posted by m173627@Mar 18 2007, 11:38 PM
he big red letters at the top of the message window and the constant reminders that we don't allow file sharing or file sharing links don't seem to be enough of a deterrent, so the forum automagically filters out file sharing urls.

Wow, forums these days have ALL the bells and whistles!
Well, I didn't know the forum could actually automatically delete my link. I wouldn't think someone would because I'm just humming the song on putfile.

Well, I didn't know the forum could actually automatically delete my link. I wouldn't think someone would because I'm just humming the song on putfile.

I think its kind of ironic that its a site about music and you can't post even non-copyrighted music on it.

Um... HTML pages and forum databases are FILES too. To view them is to copy them to your local computer. So I guess it's time to take down the whole forum...

Originally posted by m173627@Mar 19 2007, 04:20 PM

I think its kind of ironic that its a site about music and you can't post even non-copyrighted music on it.
ALL music is copyrighted. The RIAA and the three songwriters licensing agencies consider ANY public performance or delivery of any kind of their work applicable to licensing and their copyrights. Whether it is an mp3 file, ringtone, video, humming, sheet music, etc.

We have been contacted by licensing agencies and copyright holders questioning us about these very issues -- it is our policy of no file sharing that keeps us away from problems with licensing.

We appreciate everyone respecting the rules of the forum that allow us to continue running this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back