Planet Earth on Discovery Channel

Badlan

Reaction score
I'm looking for the instrumental piano based music that accompanies the trailer for the new BBC Wildlife series; Planet Earth in the UK. The trailer basically consists of some outstanding wildlife and scenery photography with the music overlapping. A voice over says; "Planet Earth, like you've never seen it before" and ends with a zoom out to show the entire planet, which 'morphs' into the iris of a human eye.
Can anyone help? Would be much appreciated. :D

I'm looking for the song from one of the ads for Discovery Channel's "Planet Earth".
All the song is, is like a piano solo.

Thanks!

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the name of the music playing in an advertisement for Discovery Channel's 'Planet Earth' miniseries?

The music sounds awesome and moving, like something from The Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

I am looking for the music for the other "Planet Earth" commercial; not the one with the piano intro, but the one with the powerful and majestic symphony music.

Bubba: The song in this particular ad is "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay.

The music that was featured in the BBC trailers for the series is the track "Hoppípolla" from the album Takk... by Icelandic post-rock band Sigur Rós. Following the advertisements, interest was so widespread that the single was re-released. In Australia, however, it was replaced by "Jupiter", the fourth movement of Gustav Holst's orchestral suite, The Planets.

you could try either one of them, never heard of them or I would find it myself.

The promo that aired in America Is not by Sigur Ros or Jupiter, I've listened to both tracks. The promo with an Angelic chorus, then leads to symphonic climax. The song was also featured in the trailer/ commercial for Terminator 3 when it aired on AMC. Anyone else have any ideas?

i just emailed the viewer relations (viewer_relations(at)discovery.com) but not much came out:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Discovery Networks. We appreciate
your interest in our programming and are delighted to hear from our
viewers.

Our databases contain a lot of information, such as airdates and
information on videos that are available for sale. Unfortunately, our
database does
not contain information regarding the music used in our programs. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

However, the music is usually listed in the show's opening or closing
credits. Also, we suggest reviewing the discussion threads or posting your
question on the discussion board on the Fansites section of our website.

I've also been looking for this song. I've been searching for the past 2 hours or so and all I've got it dead ends. :/

Originally posted by skymed@Mar 22 2007, 05:02 PM
Is this what you're looking for?
Planet Earth (Fenton, BBC Orchestra) CD2

http://tf.org/soundtrack/848
Thank you for the link, but i've listened to all the tracks ( 30 sec samples ) and I couldnt find the song. However, the promo song does sound simular to the music from this soundtrack, the BBC orchestra could have possibly performed the song. Keep searching guys, we'll get it.

damn it this 1 needs 2 b found cuz 2 b honest its a rele bad ass song i love the vocals PLEASE somebody find this im begging u

I second the motion above. Would somebody please help us find the source of the music playing the Planet Earth commercial.

It's highly unlikely that the symphonic music was made just for the commercial. I mean, I doubt that the producers of the series will go to so much trouble to hire a choir and an entire symphony just for a 60 second TV spot.

So, they must've gotten that music SOMEWHERE!!

Where did it come from??

Back