Why TV Crime Dramas so far from reality?

jffodom

Reaction score
:ph34r:

I had not watch much TV in a while and last weekend I flew to China for 3 days and when I was there, I saw CSI:....CSI: Miami in Chinese and thought I must be missing something because of their popularity......so when I returned to Atlanta, I decided to watch these shows which i had not seen in a long time.

They are so different from real life Detective and actual CSI work.
Now, I know it is fiction but Jerry Bruckheimer could and should do a little better.

Here is what I mean:

-The actual CSI's are not running around talking to witnesses. That is the Detectives job.
-There is no way these crimes are solved over a few hours or even a 2 or 3 day period.
-There is no physical way to take a tire tread sample and put it in some fancy computer and find out what brand tire, what make car, and who is the owner.
-When comparing fingerprints of a suspect from those on file or in a database, it takes much more that 4 or 5 points of referance to make a match.....DA's and courts look for many more points for a positive ID.
-Much more of the Detective work and investigation is based on interviews and witnesses and there is not as much physical evidence. CSI's don't just go collect ample physical evidence and then use a computer to find a killer or perpatrator.

Truth must be the price for entertainment.

:ph34r:

Dude you would not watch a tv show if it was about mediochre-looking dudes with plumber butts bent over poking at the bodies of mediochre-looking dead people and then sitting on a stool in some lab for three months.

:ph34r: Hmmmm.....alrighty then......that explains everything :ph34r:

Yet, The program "Criminal Minds" appeared to be as close to reality as a show can get.......that producer must have a secret.....since it appears to be just as popular.

Back