Sad Piano Music

reym79

Reaction score
ok, i hate to be that guy who says "Whats that one song in that one movie, with that guy, and it goes, 'ding ding ding ding'"?

But i hope this helps....

There is a real soft, single keys piano tune, (it's like 7 or 8 notes,) and i hear it in alot of movies, and it is almost always used in a "tear jerker" scene. In my mind i always see two people sitting down, and one of them is softly crying... as if one was saying goodbye to the other, or something along those lines. It's usually plays close to the end of a movie to,

I'm not really looking for the dong name, or composer, (although that would be awesome), but if you could even name a movie that you think MIGHT have had that piano bit, in a tear jerker movie, that would be a huge help.

thanks for any help in this "lost cause" request...
reym

do you know what movie it is in and what part???
it might be thomas newman but if i knew the movie that would make it easier

oh i think i know which sad piano song you are talking about...i think it is thomas newman and the song is called "American Beauty"

try that let me know is that was it =]]

I did listen to the Thomas Newman music! While it is certainly close... It is not what i had in my mind...

I wish i knew what movies i had heard the music in...
The piece I am thinking of is slightly faster pace....

I feel like i have heard that music in several movies, maybe even in a movie trailer...
For some reason i also see that musci playing at a realization point.. of something sad.. say like someone is looking at a picture of someone who recently passed away... something to that effect....

Thank you for everyones help! Even if you don't know the piece, if you can think of a movie that may have it, i'd be happy to check that out,

i know what you are talking about i just do not know what movies it is in!! but yeah i tried sorry i will keep looking keep me posted if you find anything

I wish you could get a movie title. But alas! That's alright.

Here's a list of some composers you might want to check out:

James Horner
Aaron Zigman
(While it's extremely unlikely...) Rachel Portman
Jean-Yves Thibaudet
James Newton Howard

These are just a couple I'm throwing out. But I'd definately look under James Horner. He composed the music for Titanic, and you can't get any sadder than that. Also Legends of the Fall, which is another good one.

I've been searching for something that sounds like a similar to the one you'd been looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00006JY9S/ad...s-20/ref=nosim/
Number 18 in the list. Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Introduction and 24 Variations), in A minor for piano & orchestra, Op. 43 18th Variation

It's used in a lot of romantic clips and movies
* (1953) The Story of Three Loves
* (1954) Rhapsody
* (1980) Somewhere in Time
* (1991) Dead Again
* (1993) Groundhog Day
* (1995) Sabrina
* (1998) Ronin

Good luck!

It's not Clair de Lune by Debussy is it or Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven?

You might also try Henry Mancini as a composer...

The first two songs that came to mind when you said this was...

Gary Jules - Mad World
Dave Matthews - Out of my Hands

I know this isn't much help...good luck!

These are just songs that I listen to, probably not what you're looking for. But it's worth a shot, anyway.

Popular song Adagio for Strings
Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8 in C Minor
Mozart's Lacrimosa (AWESOME)
Schumann's Träumerei

I really appreciate everyones help! I have listened to alot of great music and composers....
Unfortunately i haven't heard the exact piano arrangement... I keep scouring my brain to try and think of what movie i have heard this music arrangement in. I am sure i have heard it in several different movies.
I dont think i have ever heard this in any "grown up" movies.... more like... fluff movies i guess... aimed at a younger demographic. Where USUALLY a child shares the spotlight with an established actor, or maybe a movie starring mostly kids. Whats worse, while i KNOW i have seen several of these movies before, i think i might even own at least one movie that has this music in it...Unfortunately my movie collection is just too large to watch one by one, but if anyone has any guesses as to a movie that may contain this sad piano piece... i would love to hear em!

try looking for some six feet under trailers
i know its not a movie but......might help

I think I might know what you mean!! I'm also searching.

http://youtu.be/YhMtt5S3P_Y

I'm talking about the background music at 2:26-ish. I cannot for the life of me find it! It sounds so much like Thomas Newman and Craig Armstrong but I don't think either of them composed it.

(Sorry for the sad video, I couldn't find the song anywhere else :()

I think you may be thinking of this song. It was in the Royal Tennenbaums, Chocolat, and What Lies Beneath to name a few movies. There are several versions but the one that stuck in my head was this version.

Composer: Erik Satie
Gymnopedie #1
Performer: Aldo Ciccolini

Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000BWTKN/?tag=adtunes-20

Listen to track no. 7 and see if that works for ya.

Also this link: http://youtu.be/WSxDjW9bLCQ

fortunatly for you sir i had this exact same question with what im sure is the exact same song. it took me ages to find so i felt bad and registered for this site to help. im fairly sure this be what you want its called claire de lune.

oh and if your wondering how i found it one night when i gave up looking, while i was laying in bed the song came on while i was watching Man On Fire.

OK, I have got to ask, did you ever find the song? I have been on a "lost cause" quest and stumbled across this old post.....I have to say, I was about to type very nearly the same thing (less the ding, ding, ding, ding - hilarious!) when I had ALAS found the solo I was looking for: Beethoven "Fur Elise". There are different versions out there, and I found the one I was looking for. By chance, was this what you were searching for?

Back