Is being "rude" or blunt with someone as bad as...

jffodom

Reaction score
:ph34r: This topic is to recieve feedback from Adtunes Community about how to post and the freedom of opinion in posting and so on.

I was told that there was a Topic started by "someone" that soley dealt with whether or not The Black Ninja (me) should be banned from Adtunes. They claim it was erased by the staff. So here is another topic.

Now don't get me wrong, this is not some type of ego thing....I actually am very shy and have no ego at all. I would simply like responses from the Adtunes community (no one person in particular)because there is power in numbers and one overwhelming opinion from many people is great. Not just a few personal quips and snippets.

There have been many misconceptions about the personality of The Black Ninja (Me). In my posts I may come across as "rude" or disingenuous yet as one reads my posts, they can clearly see that I am a nice guy with no character flaws or issues and so forth. I am genuinely a nice guy. Never overly insulting anyone.

This is how my posts work....I say some sort of aggressive yet possibly childish statement to some one to gain attention and to welcome them to Adtunes......In every welcome post I say welcome and hope that the new addition finds Adtunes as helpful as I have.

This style of posting has led to dirty language and discussion of politics and Etiquette and me being called baseless and some sort of evil guy and so on. And others saying my jokes are not funny. Yet, my responses to the rude postings have been nothing short of polite with nice language and an occasional request for calm and relaxation when posting. Anyone can see this by reading the responses. Others have responded to me with foul words and accusations that I am not a Muslim and I have flexible morales that they judge all from the words of my posts.

I would like opinions of the community on posting etiquette and if there is any etiquette, then if being rude or blunt is worse than using bad words and foul language. Like the "F" word and others. THIS IS NOT ANY TYPE OF DEBATE OR ARGUEMENT AS I WILL NOT RESPOND. I only wish to have opinions....not specific examples.

If you feel like giving your opinions then I wholeheartedly welcome them if they are positive or negative.

:ph34r: Thanks alot :ph34r:

I think if you follow the rules of the administration, and you're posts are appropriate to the audience and discussion you shouldn't have much of a problem. Different groups of people have different expectations of how to act in public, so maybe knowing better who you're talking to might make it more difficult to upset someone I think.

Originally posted by a_iver@Mar 6 2007, 12:20 AM
I think if you follow the rules of the administration, and you're posts are appropriate to the audience and discussion you shouldn't have much of a problem. Different groups of people have different expectations of how to act in public, so maybe knowing better who you're talking to might make it more difficult to upset someone I think.
nicely put

Originally posted by jffodom@Mar 5 2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone can see this by reading the responses.
Perception is reality. Humor is in the mind of the beholder. If Black Ninja is perceived in a negative light, then the schtick is not acceptable to the e pluribus unum.

;)

Originally posted by doctormemory@Mar 6 2007, 10:22 AM
Perception is reality. Humor is in the mind of the beholder. If Black Ninja is perceived in a negative light, then the schtick is not acceptable to the e pluribus unum.

;)
So philosophic, Doc. ;)

If you are talking about my post, I wasn't talking about profanity/etiquette/tone of voice. My concern was that all the posts I could find were pretty much one-line catchphrases that were mostly irrelevant to the threads they were posted in.

Although I did ask why my initial thread was deleted, I dropped my initial question as soon as it was denied, although I disagree with the forum administrators' decision. I let it go and haven't made any further attempts to bring it up again - I'm not entirely sure why others have revived the issue.

As far as profanity goes, I'm pretty sure he's talking about me. I had the testicular fortitude to use the word "fuck" in his presence.

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 6 2007, 02:39 PM
As far as profanity goes, I'm pretty sure he's talking about me. I had the testicular fortitude to use the word "fuck" in his presence.
:eek: You did?!

Burn her!

HAHA SILLY HUMAN, fire does nothing to stem the binary profanity! My foul language knows no bounds! SHIT DICK CRAP BOOBIES. :devil:

edit cause even the most uncouth people on earth make typos.

And later, maybe a field trip to Osama's Homo-bortion Pot & Commie Jizz-porium? :naughty:

Originally posted by dascoot@Mar 6 2007, 09:39 PM
It's a word you know, and a verb at that! Well not always...

*sigh* This shall be explained, not by me, but, inevitably, by the brilliance and genius of monty python

Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the english language today, is the word fuck. Out of all the english words that begin with the letter 'f' ...fuck is the only word refered to as 'the f word... It's the one magical word. Just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. Fuck, as most words in the english language is derived from german ...the word frichen, which means to strike.
In english, fuck falls into many grammatical categories:

As a transitive verb for intance ...John fucked Shirley.
As an intransitive verb...Shirley fucks.

Its meaning is not always sexual, it can be used as...

An adjective such as ...John's doing all the fucking work.
As part of an adverb ...Shirley talks too fucking much.
As an adverb enhancing an adjective ...Shirley is fucking beautiful.
As a noun ...I don't give a fuck.
As part of a word ...absofuckinglutely -or- infuckingcredible.
And as almost every word in a sentence ...Fuck the fucking fuckers.

As you must realize, there aren't too many words with the versatility of fuck...such as these examples describing situations such as:

Fraud ...I got fucked at the used car lot.
Dismay ...ahhh fuck it.
Trouble ...I guess I'm really fucked now.
Agression ...Don't fuck with me buddy.
Difficulty ...I don't understand this fucking question.
Inquiry ...Who the fuck was that?
Dissatisfaction ...I don't like what the fuck is going on here.
Incompetance ...He's a fuck-off.
Dismissal ...Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself...

I'm sure you can think of many more examples.
With all these multi-purpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use the word. We say use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech.
It will identify the quality of your character immediately.
Say it loudly and proudly...
...FUCK YOU!

I love how it is said on that classical music - and the music climaxes when they are describing the situations - brilliant, just brilliant

Are we really getting into this again??? I'm not even going to read all that. -_-

Originally posted by neo979@Mar 6 2007, 11:04 AM
If you are talking about my post, I wasn't talking about profanity/etiquette/tone of voice. My concern was that all the posts I could find were pretty much one-line catchphrases that were mostly irrelevant to the threads they were posted in.

Although I did ask why my initial thread was deleted, I dropped my initial question as soon as it was denied, although I disagree with the forum administrators' decision. I let it go and haven't made any further attempts to bring it up again - I'm not entirely sure why others have revived the issue.
Because the guy is a tool and is in total denial of the fact that his behavior is found bothersome by so many. The reason that I abstained from providing proof that the thread ever existed was to leave your name out of it neo. Sorry.

Back