"BLACK BETTY" BY SPIDERBAIT

Brownsound

Advanced Member
Reaction score
hi, i was wondering why the song "black betty" by spiderbait is labelled explicit on itunes? i was looking over the lyrics and there is no swearing and doesn't look explicit to me...

No telling. Unless the explicit tag carries over on the single just because some other song on the CD is explicit. I know Spiderbait didn't change any of the lyrics on their cover and the original would never have made it onto the radio back in the day if it were in any way what is considered explicit by todays standards

cus on itunes they have an explicit version and then an edited version.

I guess I've never heard the explicit version then.

but from what you understand, there is no explicit content in the song?

Not that I'm aware of. It's far more likely that it's a carry over as I said. I checked Amazon and even one of the song TITLES is omitted so it's probably due to other songs on the CD.

what version would you says is better, the one by spiderbait or ram jam?

They're almost indistinguishable. I like the original better but that's just who I am. The cover is very good and the only reason I caught that it wasn't just a crisper cleaner remix was the sound of a jews harp. There are other differences once you listen but even the vocals sound very much like Ledbetter.

If it were me I would pick the original but what I'm saying is that someone who isn't familiar with both probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart unless they were really paying attention. :p

Back