JCPenney "Calendar"

skapunkskunk

Reaction score
Another oscar commercial:

the visual was a woman living her daily life and the song incorporated the line "i say and so say i" or something like that... anyone know the name of this song or the artist?

What's the song? It sounds like Persephone's bees, but I haven't heard this song before.

it really sounded like cat power, but i'm not sure.

hoping someone else may know!

i thought it sounded like a combo of leslie feist and karen o...but don't think it's either one of those.

Found it!

The song is called "How Can It Be" performed by an Australian outfit called Forever Thursday. Their MySpace page has a paltry 173 views! Go now:
http://www.myspace.com/foreverthursdaymusic

The singer is Melanie Horsnell
http://www.myspace.com/melaniehorsnell

The song doesn't seem to be available for purchase or download anywhere right now, but I'm sure that will change soon. Horsnell's solo album is available on iTunes-Australia.

wow. you rock.

i definitely just spent 15 minutes unsuccessfully googling different variations of "i say and so say i."

let's please get this artist to give/sell us her music.

Last night during the Academy Awards I saw a commercial and I was so wrapped up in the song that I didn't even pay attention to the product... I looked up some lyrics but can't find the song. All I have is "I say and so say I," which I believe occurred a few times during the commercial, and "these things live in me," which seemed like it could be the title. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

Hey.. does anyone know the name of the song that is in the JcPenny's commercial that shows a few houses at the beg. and then it shows different things like "its time to be a ....." ?? Thanks!

it says on melanie's web page [myspace] that she is signed and performs with her band the inflatable girls

so far thats as close as i can get -- i dont know how or if its possible to download her songs from myspace - or forever thursdays...

its definitely her voice though -- her other songs answer to that.

but whatever commercial they are talking about with cat power or persephones bees -- not the same one...

my question is who the heck at jcpenneys ad agency found such an obscure tune????

Back