Advertising

Thread: Starz

Status

Sponsored Links

I was just remembering a song on an old Starz Movie commercial that had a very popular song that they put their own lyrics to with the tune. It was a popular commercial and it just had lyrics that said "Movies..Movies...Movies...Movies..Movies..Movies. ...Moooovies" etc. Anybody know what song I'm talking about, the original?

Status

Someone at least knows what commercial I'm talking about right? Regardless of if you know the song or not, because the commercial got played alot.....just making sure I'm not crazy.

Status

Long shot. It might be "For The Love of Money" by the O'jays or one of these I extracted from wikipedia:"The song was covered by the funk-punk outfit Defunkt on their 1982 album Thermonucler Sweat, and has also been sampled by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's single "I Need Money" and Charli Baltimore's single "Money". It was covered by BulletBoys on their 1988 self-titled album, and a video was made for the song. Another successful cover of the song was done by Todd Rundgren with his rock band Utopia on their 1982 album Swing To the Right. The Happy Mondays' Rave On (1989) intro was also based on the opening riff to For The Love of Money."

Status

Nah, I don't think that's it. Even though that sounds familiar, maybe from a different STARZ commercial. The song I'm thinking of has more of an Immediate Music feel to it, you know from like a movie trailer and everything with the singing done by choir.

Status

Beethoven- Ode to Joy look it up and tell me if i was right.

Status

Default Re: Starz

Its been quite a long time, but i stumbled on this thread in the same search, i was just a child when this ad was on the air, and now as a young adult its still stuck in my head. Extremely catchy! The song is called o fortuna. Hope this helped!