Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

irishchik128

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Klaus Badelt is working on the score for the second Pirates movie? I love the first soundtrack and I hope the second is just as good, if not better. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mithrandir01@Jan 2 2006, 06:56 AM
No. Score for second and third POTC composing Hans Zimmer.
A great choice.

Cool...I like hanz zimmer...but I Really liked the first score...hope it is like that :)

Zimmer's one of my favorite composers. I'm glad they have him working on this movie. Although Bedalt is pretty good too.

I'm going with Clint Mansell as one of my favorite score composers but Zimmer is always good for the epic stuff.

yep...zimmer is awesome with the epic stuff :D

what albums did clint mansel do? I only know him because of the the requiem for a dream....

Solaris, Traffic and he did a more recent movie too but I can't remember what it was...

Ok I guess he did Doom, Abandon and Sahara too, but those were alittle more standard and not that great.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Jan 10 2006, 11:32 AM
Solaris, Traffic and he did a more recent movie too but I can't remember what it was...

Ok I guess he did Doom, Abandon and Sahara too, but those were alittle more standard and not that great.
Cliff Martinez did Traffic and Solaris, and most Soderbergh films (except for the Ocean's 11 series)

Clint Mansell is set to do Aronofsky's "The Fountain" next.

Yeah, The Fountain looks interesting, I'm glad to see Darren Aronofsky still doing films, I really liked Requiem For A Dream and Pi.

Score for "Requiem for a dream" is very good, but he made crappy "Doom". I think best for Clint is still before him.

The way I heard it Hans Zimmer was the one who encouraged Klaus Badelt to come to the states and start scoring for American productions around 1998. They have worked closely toegether and frankly I'm not sure who influenced whom at this point but I love them both! Zimmer actually has a credit for the original PotC - "Score overproduced by Hans 'Long John' Zimmer" ;)

Zimmer actually wrote a significant part of the score, but contractually could not take credit because he was signed to score another movie at the time.

Ryan

You mean "The DaVinci Code"? Yeah, he is now official score composer for this movie. But I hope, that he will also composing for PotC2. He have a lot of time for composing. E.g. John Williams in last year made music for 4 movies (Sith, WotW, Munich and Memoirs of a Geisha) and all are great and awarded (Golden Globe for Memoirs).

Does anyone know the music that is sometimes played in the movie? It's a girl singing. She says, "Yo ho yo ho. A pirate's life for me." They have it a lil bit in the trailer I watched for the next movie. Anyone?

It's just from the first movie. It might be somewhere on the first soundtrack. But it's not really from a song.

"Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)"
Words by Xavier Atencio
Music by George Bruns

Back