Nike Air Jordan

clydemaxwell

Reaction score
OK, I feel like a tard. Nike has two new commercials - one for the new Air Jordans (gen. XXII)

For the first commercial: what is that classical piece?

Why oh why did I never memorise the names to these things..

Thanks for anyone who can help me out.

I just went on a bender through my classical CDs trying to remember what the crap it was..I knew it wasn't Beethoven or Mozart, but it had the same feel..

Enough about that! It samples Berlioz' 'Symphonie Fantastique', specifically the fifth movement ("Dream of a witches' sabbath")

I would rather listen to this forever haha :)

Still looking for the Air Jordan music!

If that's the right commercial; I believe you are looking for the Jordan Theme - "Let Your Game Speak".

There are two commercials, one for the Air Jordan XX1 and one for the XX2. I can't find the XX2 one on YouTube or anywhere else, but here's the XX1:

The XX2 one is very similar, shows a high school basketball game, Wild Cats vs. some other team, everyone is really into it, someone scores a point at the last second, etc. I love the music in both of these commercials, any help would be awesome, thanks.

It's the one with the classical music right? I've been looking up and down for what song that is too

No, that was the song from the Air Jordan XXI commercial. XXII uses a famous classical composition whose name I simply cannot remember. Should I find out, I'll post it!

thanks masedogg -- that's definitely what it is. a quick trip to the mozart cds confirms!

The XX2 commercial with the classical music is

Lacrymosa from Mozart's Requiem

Looking for the song from the commercial where its the end of a basketball game and theres someone with the ball that scores, the one team is cheering, and the other team is crying, and in the background there is an epic orchestraic/choral piece playing....

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out what piece was used by Nike in their new basketball commercial. not the juelz santana crap used in the new one, I'm referring to the commercial with the slow motion high school basketball game where the kid hits the shot at the last second. If anyone knows the name of it, please let me know its killing me cause I know I've heard it in a movie as well. Thanks everyone

Potts

In case anyone was thinking to themselves "hey..this sounds FAMILIAR though..and i don't listen to senor wolfgang.." it MAY be because you heard evanescence's version of it...cause thats what happened to me..just thought i'd clear that up *salute*

end
me :devil: :devil: :devil:

"Requiem for soloists, chorus, and orchestra, K. 626 - Lacrymosa" by Mozart

The Nike Ad featuring the high school basketball game is titled the Take Over, if you want that specific performance the group singing Mozart is The St. Olaf Choir, from St. Olaf College.

:angry: :angry: :angry: Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat major
a.k.a.. for all of you hooligans "The Emperor" one of his many letters that should that he sent

This isn't a sampling of anything: only wannabe musicians and deceivers apply that form of copyright infringement. A wannabe that steals the very gem and mercury of those from which veins it poured shame, shame be upon them the sample ones;

For this is pure music and for "Nike" to pimp this beautiful movement “Opus” off, well they went way to far and for "the clueless" I guess "Nike" got its answer "wasted" on the wrong demographic. This only sets up the good ole' Ludwig Van to be cheated in his death out of one of his most intimate of opuses.

While the Maestros music lives on those who cannot distinguish between Beethoven and Mozart why even bother commenting?

Nike has not only went to far but this only sets up another platform in which they have bastardized music in an attempt to sell "Jordan" in a different package. This leaves the music to be picked to the bone by carrion samplers. By the by it is an utterly ridiculous assumption and presumption that this is in anyway "Berlioz" imposter's, CHARLATANS of "Nike" and the sampling world go on with your bad self. lol

Back