Carnival Cruise Lines

xoali527

Reaction score
Hi, I heard a song on a commercial for what I think is Carnival cruiselines. It's not "Lust for Life," "Beyond the Sea," or "Edge of the Ocean." It was upbeat and sung by a woman. The commercial showed people having fun on a cruise, like all of these commercials do.

Can anyone help me identify the song in it? Has anyone even seen a cruise commercial recently that did not feature one of the three songs I mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, but that's not it. The commercial's pretty recent; I just heard it the other day. But thanks so much for your help.

Anyone have anymore ideas?

Originally posted by xoali527@Feb 8 2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks, but that's not it. The commercial's pretty recent; I just heard it the other day. But thanks so much for your help.

Anyone have anymore ideas?
Gonna need some lyrics ;)

I think you're looking for the same song I am...and I think some lyrics include...

..."do what you want to..."

okay yeah, if anyone else can finish the line..that'll be great. hahaha...

Originally posted by farbeyond@Feb 11 2007, 09:30 PM
Try: The Go Go's - "Vacation".

Amazon
Nope..unfortunately that isn't it. I just heard the commercial and I'm pretty sure it's Carnival's theme song. I heard words like...do as you like to...and something about the funship. It's a very nice song...and I wish I could get it!

NIGHTINGALE VS. THE CROW (SORROW IN THE SKY) by Merz

Yeah the crow sings
The crow singing,
"Do what you want to,
Do what you want to do.
Say what you want to,
Say what you want to say.
Prove what you have to,
Prove what you have to prove.
Play what you want to,
Play what you want to play!"

Think For Yourself by George Harrison

Do what you want to do
And go where you're going to
Think for yourself
'Cause I won't be there with you

Can Do by Journey

You can do what you want to
you can do if
you try
You can do what you want to
You can do if you try

Saints and Sinners by Saints and Sinners

I wanna let you (Want to let you)
Do what you want to (Do what you want to)
Theres a million reason why,
You're gonna fry tonight (True)
Baby hold on tight,
Are you ready for the ride?

Okay, I saw it again, and it's some kind of cover of the song "Ain't We Got Fun" which I know Doris Day and some other artists sang. The lyrics are changed a little to something like this:

Every morning, every evening, ain't we got fun?
Not much money, oh but honey
Ain't we got fun?
Do as you like, dear, there's so much to choose
We've got it all here on our funship cruise

Wikipedia mentions that Carnival Cruise lines has used the song, but not who covered it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain't_We_Got_Fun%3F

I hope this helped for anyone else who was looking for the song, but please let me know if anyone knows who covered it!

There is a song by Bobby Darren that is called "Beyond the Sea" . maybe a 60 era songl

I'm sure you've got your answer already, but it's a great song from a great movie - sung by:

Doris Day & Gordon MacCrae - Ain't We Got Fun

is it a dance song? words like "ohhh sometimes i..." ? im trying to find the same song. i think its also in a buick ad featuring shaquille oneal...nothing anywhere!

Back