Doubletree Hotels "Branches"

Knights36

Reaction score
Doubletree Hotels "Branches"

Just saw a new commercial for Doubletree Suites that shows some branches sprouting leaves and the music is a bit like jazz.

Lyrics include these phrases:

...your nerves are like jumping jacks
...stay cool
...take it easy that's the rule

Any idea as to song and artist?

The woman singing definitely sounds like the great Dinah Washington to me, unfortunately I don't know the name of the song.

I'm looking for the song featured in the Hilton Hotels "calm. cool" ad. It's an oldies song. The voice is familiar but I can't quite place it. Female vocalist. Vintage song.

The lyrics are: Stay cool........that's the only rule

The ad is for Double Tree Hotels. My bad. :unsure:

Don't see the edit command now hence the second post.

Hello,

I too, was struck by the beauty of that catchy tone, especially since
I am a fan of the 50's genre of Mambo/Cha-cha. In fact, I wanted a copy to take to
the club, because I dance mambo/cha-cha every week. I actually, searched the web for
three weeks googling Hilton Hotel. I almost gave up until I realize the ad's logo
Doubletree. I was, however, right, Doubletree hotel is part of the Hilton chain.

I'm so happy to have the "Doubletree Hotel Song" identified for me. I knew that voice had to be one of the all-time great female jazz singers but had no idea who and it's been bugging me for a month :p I even emailed Doubletree but got no answer. So I did a search for the key phrases from the song and was led to this site. Thank you Knight 36 for asking the question and thank you, Beethoven, for answering it. Now I can rest in peace and tell all my friends whom I asked about that song, "That's Dinah Washington singing 'Relax, Man'".

I had to join in order to post this message and I'm glad I did. I think this is going to be a fun place to "hang out". So, hello to everyone. :wave:

Seagrape

Thanks so much for IDing this song! It was driving me nuts too!

You guys are the best!! I agree - this is going to be a fun place to hang out!
So glad I found this site! :D

Anyone seen the commercial about the double tree hotels and the lyrics go sorta like "jumpin jack max"..."stay cool fool"..sounds like its big band or something. I was wondering what the song was called.

Here are the lyrics:

Relax, Max
Your nerves are just like jumpin' jacks, Max
Your heart is thumpin' with a crazy sound
Hear it pound
Bumpin', bumpin', bumpin'
Jumpin' up and down

Stay cool, fool
Just take it easy
That's the rule, fool
The evenin' hasn't even started yet
So, my pet
Control yourself, control yourself
Don't get upset

Don't think I'm cold if I say you're too bold
I've been fooled by that moon up above
I want your kiss just as you want my kiss
But a kiss is no kiss without love

So relax, Max
I hate to stop you in your tracks, Max
But first you gotta prove your love to me
When you do
I'll love you, love you, love you
Like you want me to

Don't think I'm cold if I say you're too bold
I've been fooled by that moon up above
I want your kiss just as you want my kiss
But a kiss is no kiss without love

So relax, Max
I hate to stop you in your tracks, Max
But first you gotta prove your love to me
When you do
I'll love you, love you, love you
Like you want me to

Ah, come on, relax, Max
Your nerves are kinda bad there, boy
Hold it
Down, boy
Take it easy, fool
Relax yourself
The evening's young yet
Mmm, come on and relax, Max
Relax yourself

Wow. Good to see I'm not the only one whose been infected by this little Dinah Washington tune. A huge "Thank you!!!" to Beethoven. B)

This song has been stuck in my head for weeks, and every time that Doubletree commercial comes on the air I have to crank up the volume. It has such a calming effect on me.

I'm in the hotel real estate industry, so I always perk up when a hotel commercial comes on, but I have to say this is the best I've seen in recent memory. Makes me want to stay there. Very effective. . .

Back