Dow Chemical Human Element

tfn1002

Reaction score
This is the only Dow commercial I have seen recently. It is strings, and I heard it about an hour ago so I don't remember it exactly, but I believe that is was prominently violin. Very backgroundy, and soft.

I completely forgot to mention, in case there is an entire new campaign of these commercials, it is fairly long and first talks about the reaction of certain elements like hydrogen and oxygen, oxygen and carbon, etc., and then it repeats these with the added element of humans. It shows the standard periodic table square with an "Hu" inside of it.

I saw this commercial too. I think it is for DOW chemicals, not the Dow Jones, but I could be mistaken. Does anyone know the music to this ad?

Yes... I've seen a lot of people commenting about Dow Chemical's new TV ad "The Human Element" - it must be effective - it's attracting a lot of attention.

And... like most others, I want to know: how to obtain the soundtrack, or the musical score in it, who the musical group is (are they just studio musicians, or is the piece taken from an album by some musical group), and where / how I can obtain other recordings by that group.

It sounds a lot like the theme / soundtrack from another TV movie (a western), that I seem to recall - Lonesome Dove, or something like that. Whatever, it is a very good soundtrack.

I've inquired of Dow Chem about it - I'll post the response here, if they reply.

Please do the same, if you track it down.

Thanks,
Bassdude

I heard this for the first time today, and it truly is a lovely little tune. It sounds like something you'd hear in the 'Master and Commander' or 'Emma' soundtracks - very early 1800s. :)

Just what I was thinking. There's a lot of Boccherini discussed and played in Master and Commander and this piece sounds pretty similar... any classical buffs among us that have heard it?

Hallelujah! The advertising company which created that ad is FCB, and Melissa K. Murray, the manager of corporate communications, looked it up for me.

Artist: Susan Voelz
CD: 13 Ribs
Label: Pravda
Title: New Harmony Waltz

The album was made in 1993 and, as best I can tell, there are no other songs on it even similar to this one. I guess she just dabbled in classical.

Thank you so much...I just remember today that I posted this. I was not aware that there was a Dow Chemicals, as Dow Jones didn't make much sense...it wasn't even the right logo. Thanks.

Susan Voelz’s “New Harmony Waltz"

No idea where to get it.

Anyone know where to purchase the sheet music for Susan Vogel's New Harmony Waltz that is playing in Dow's human element commercial? I have searched fruitlessly for several days now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, did a little searching of my owen, but like you, no luck. You have her last name spelled wrong, it's Voelz. She has the song on her CD - "13 Ribs." Saw it on Amazon.

Originally posted by sweetdreams@Sep 23 2007, 10:16 AM
Hey, did a little searching of my owen, but like you, no luck. You have her last name spelled wrong, it's Voelz. She has the song on her CD - "13 Ribs." Saw it on Amazon.
Love her music. Found out she was part of the band Poi Dog Pondering. Love their music too.

B)

It's the song in the commercial entitled, "The Story of Our Planet."

I am HOT for this song, so if there's more to it than what was shown on the actual ad I'd love to know! Anyone else?

No luck on any of my searches so far...

New Harmony Waltx by Susan Voelz

that is on one of the Dow Chemical commercials, i think it's the same one

Back