DVD Audio Rip

Space Cataz

Pro Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anybody know a way that I can take the audio from a DVD and encode it into like mp3 or m4a. It's a concert DVD and the video is segmented by track. There's an option that lets you play just the audio, so this leads me to believe that there might be a way to just rip the audio.
Can anybody help?

You can always simply play the dvd on your computer and record your audio output with a sound editing program.

Well, before I download it, I have some questions.
Does it fully convert?
What are the limitations?
Can I convert by chapter?

Well it seems good, but since the site isn't download.com, I'm not sure if I should download from there.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Jan 26 2007, 07:36 PM
Well, before I download it, I have some questions.
Does it fully convert?
What are the limitations?
Can I convert by chapter?
I believe you can download a trial version of it with limitations if you want to try it before you buy it. It has the option to do by chapter.

The only problem with the Imtoo program is that you can only convert 5 minutes :(

Yea, I need a program like the one Farbeyond reccomended, except it can rip more than 5 minutes.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Jan 27 2007, 09:07 AM
The only problem with the Imtoo program is that you can only convert 5 minutes :(
Are you looking for a free program? If so its going to be hard to find a program that doesn't have limitations. Most the the programs allow trials which have time limits. Your best bet is to google search for freeware dvd audio rippers.

Well, why did you buy the program. I have really no need to buy it.

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Jan 27 2007, 05:44 PM
Well, why did you buy the program. I have really no need to buy it.
I bought it because it was relatively cheap. Also because I knew I would make good use of it ripping songs off of dvd's that do not get put on the soundtrack or released to the general public.

Back