The Departed

GunsGermsSteel

Reaction score
What music do they use in the trailer for The Deaprted, particularly the first and last songs. I know the last one is "Comfortably Numb" but I don't think it's the Pink Floyd version.

Could it be the Van Morrison version of "Comfortably Numb"? I'll have to double-check...

It's Van Morrison. The song is from The Wall: Live in Berlin album.

Originally posted by Icedberry@Jul 29 2006, 11:46 PM
It's Van Morrison. The song is from The Wall: Live in Berlin album.
Actually, I think it's Roger Walters, who used to write for Pink Floyd. Anyway, it's on Roger Walter's cd that you mentioned.

First of all, it's Waters, not Walters, and he did more than just write for Pink Floyd—he was a founding member of the band and was (arguably) the mastermind throughout the band's most successful years. Secondly, it is Van Morrison who sings the chorus of "Comfotably Numb" as heard in the trailer, though Waters does sing on the song as well.

I'm bringing this topic back because in the trailer here there is an Irish song that plays toward the beginning. I wanna know what THAT song is. Anyone?

^^^^
If you're talking about the rock song that starts when it says "A Martin Scorsese Picture", it's called "Im Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys.

Does anyone know what the beat is right after Jack says "i think we can work something out?" I know the trailer contains Comfortably Numb, Shipping to Boston, and Gimme Shelter, but I know that beat doesn't belong to any of those three songs....

I'm floored that both Van Morrison and Gilmour/Waters team cleared that song for a trailer. Both Pink Floyd & V. Morrison hardly ever license their music for trailers. Not only that, the song must have been a BOATLOAD of green to clear!! Scorsese has a BIG IN & BIG BUDGET! :eek:

I'll bet you it was easier than you think to clear those tracks for the trailer and (maybe for the film too? wink)

I dont think even if your Floyd or V. Morrison you can turn down a "M. Scorsese Picture" you'd really look like a dumbass to your peers whom most have benefited from Scorsese's way of scoring his films with music he likes.

Besides V. Morrison's tracks have been a common fixture on M.S projects. A track off T.B Sheets was a staple of "Bringing Out The Dead"

Right after Martin Sheen talks to DiCaprio, a squeezebox starts in......name that tune, boys and/or girls....

Originally posted by Jadeus@Aug 9 2006, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know what the beat is right after Jack says "i think we can work something out?" I know the trailer contains Comfortably Numb, Shipping to Boston, and Gimme Shelter, but I know that beat doesn't belong to any of those three songs....
I have to second this question. Trying to find this piece of music is literally making me crazy. I've Googled till I couldn't Google no more, and I've wound up with a big fat nada. Hoping someone here can figure it out and restore my sanity :lol:

Hey if you were watching the Redskins/Cowboys game, they just aired a TV Spot for the Departed ... does anyone know the name of this track?

dun dun ch ch dun dun ch
is the best way to sound it out ... it plays throughout the 30 second spot, and sounds strangely familiar

I, too, am interested in this song.

It plays right in the middle of the trailer on this website:

http://thedeparted.warnerbros.com/

Right after Jack Nicholson says "I think we can work something out" and the Dropkick Murphy's song ends.

What about the song playing just as Dicaprio is talking to martin sheen, on the tv spot that aired during er or any tv spot for that matter?

The remake of the Pink Floyd song "Comfortably Numb" was performed by Van Morrison & The Band.

I don't think this is the song everyone's looking for. It's the heavy instrumental music (Michael Mann style). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The fact that there are like a "million" trailers for this movie hasn't really helped at all But all the songs that were posted on the forum were not the ones i was looking for....It's on one of the 30 second tv trailer, Sounds like industrial/heavy metal riff that makes you wanna bob your head up and down. It Has no words, just a beat and what i think is a distorted guitar. Someone help !!!!

Back