Mercury Sable

Reaction score
I am still struck by a car commercial (Mitsubishi?) that featured hauntingly good guitar work being played in the background. It played last year or possibly the year before. Does anyone know the name of the guitarist playing in that ad. The guitar work sounds rather unique to me.

Thanks.

The Mercury car commercial in question features a dark-haired female on a desolate stretch of highway. I remember that she looks at a photograph (of that particular stretch of highway (?). The background music features a wonderfully clean piece of guitar work. Does anyone know the background of this particular piece of music?

Looking for information about the artist. I snagged the song several years ago (from the precursor to this site, I believe) but don't know the guy's name.

The song is called Sablehi. The commercial shows a Sable on one of the California high desert roads. It comes to a stop. A magazine add of lush greenery is torn out of a magazine and a lanky brunette with knee-high boots steps out of the car. She walks towards camera and stops. She holds up the magazine advert and then lets go whereupon it hangs magically in the air. She turns and sashays back to the car and gets in. The car starts up and drives past the camera and INTO the mgazine ad.

Google comes up empty "handed". Nothing on this forum, either. Can anyone help? I like the guy's work and would like to find more.

Thanks.

Re: Mercury Sable commercial

Yes, I do. A Canadian artist named Gerry Mosby is the composed the song. He used to have a link to a beautifully longer version of it. It's gone now. I sure wish there was a download for it somewhere.

Hey folks, thanks for your nice comments re: my circa-2000 composition for Sable. It was written way back in '97 or so, but never found a product "home" until my then partner, Sonny Keyes, dug it up and offered it to the Y&R creative team, who were then pre-producing the Sable TV ad.
Needless to say, they liked the track enough to ask us to rearrange it, for use in the US as the Sable theme song.
Which is exactly what we did. Further to that, I then created a long version of the theme and posted it on my website. Unfortunately, that website is no longer intact.
But I do have the master ........ somewhere ........ hidden in plain sight, amongst thousands upon millions of DAT master from that period.
Once I locate the master, I'll post on my company's secure FTP site, for you to download, if you wish. At that time, I'll then post a notice here. Thanks again!

Hey folks, thanks for your nice comments re: my circa-2000 composition for Sable. It was written way back in '97 or so, but never found a product "home" until my then partner, Sonny Keyes, dug it up and offered it to the Y&R creative team, who were then pre-producing the Sable TV ad.
Needless to say, they liked the track enough to ask us to rearrange it, for use in the US as the Sable theme song.
Which is exactly what we did. Further to that, I then created a long version of the theme and posted it on my website. Unfortunately, that website is no longer intact.
But I do have the master ........ somewhere ........ hidden in plain sight, amongst thousands upon millions of DAT master from that period.
Once I locate the master, I'll post on my company's secure FTP site, for you to download, if you wish. At that time, I'll then post a notice here. Thanks again!
Freakin' awesome! I will always be a big fan of than music. I will gladly pay for the download. And feel free to write more stuff just like it.

Golly, I should check in more than once per decade. I have to assume Mr. Mosby could not follow through with the ftp promise.

Put that thing up on iTunes or Amazon. I will buy it.

Back