John Williams Greatest Hits

Brownsound

Advanced Member
Reaction score
on itunes if you go to John Williams: Greatest Hits is #10 called "Cadillac of the Skies from Empire of the Sun" really an indiana jones theme cus it sounds like it. jus want to make sure before getting it. thanks.

No, lol, not to make you sound stupid but, its from "Empire of the Sun"

Hence "from empire of the sun"

But no. 11 is from indiana jones.

it jus says in some of the comments that some of the songs are not correctly matched up with the names. it does sound like its from indiana jones though...

I just looked at John Williams - Greatest Hits, 1969-1999 (in the Canadian iTunes store) - is it the same one you're talking about?

If so then your concerns about mixups were warranted.

#1-6 are correct as far as I can tell.

#7 is the Imperial March from Empire Strikes Back (not the main title from Reivers)

#8 is Scherzo for Motorcycle from Indiana Jones (not the Imperial March from ESB)

#9 is Cadillac of the Skies from Empire of the Sun (not Scherzo for Motorcycle from Indiana Jones)

#10 is Raiders of the Lost Ark main theme (not Cadillac of the Skies from Empire of the Sun)

#11-15 are also correct (#11 IS from Jurassic Park, not Indiana Jones)

Don't believe me? Compare it to the tracks listed for the same album on Amazon. You should note that the album on iTunes is listed as a PARTIAL album - which it is. The one on Amazon is the same album, but it's the complete 2 disc 28 track CD set (not the 15 songs as sold by iTunes). It's an iTunes screw up...happens more frequently that they'd like to admit I bet :blink:

This a lil' off topis but i reckon some of John Williams best work is in The Terminal soundtrack :)

Welcome :D

I didn't quite realize just how many scores he's done...especially since there's a lot of movies that I love...WOW is all I can say...

Back