The Good German

Nerrolken

Reaction score
A trailer for "The Good German" was just released. I'd love to know all the music in it, but I REALLY want to know the epic song during the second half and the climax of the trailer. Soundtrack.net hasn't got anything yet. Can anyone help me out?

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

X-Ray Dogs - "Here Comes The King"

The end song is

Immediate Music - "With Great Powers"

Soundtrack.net claims it is "Here comes the King" by XRay Dog....

Can't verify it though - so not sure if that is correct...

The music at the end is by Immediate Music called With Great Power (non choral version)
But I have something different to ask. Does anyone know where could I find the speech of Harry S. Truman from the trailer?
"Let us not forget that we are fighting for peace..."

thanks

farbeyond: Do you have any ide which one it is? Because as far as could find out about it it is speech from 1945 and it is not on that site. But it could be from other year, I am not certain.

It looks like the speech was done at the Potsdsam conference.

July 17 – August 2, 1945

Representatives from the United States, Britain, and the Soviet Union attend the Potsdam Conference.

This website has an article on the speech. The 3rd paragraph is where the speech is.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,801619,00.html

I cannot find an audio of this online.

Been looking for an audio of Truman's speech for 2 hours now with no luck. Here's the speech with date and location. Maybe you can find it with this:

PRESIDENT TRUMAN'S SPEECH AT AMERICAN FLAG RAISING EXERCISES IN BERLIN

July 20, 1945

New York Times.

GENERAL EISENHOWER, OFFICERS AND MEN:

This is an historic occasion. We have conclusively proven that free people can successfully look after the affairs of the world.

We are here today to raise the flag of victory over the capital of our greatest adversary. In doing that we must remember that in raising that flag we are raising it in the name of the people of the United States who are looking forward to a better world, a peaceful world, a world in which all people will have the opportunity to enjoy the good things of life, and not just a few at the top.

Let us not forget that we are fighting for peace and for the welfare of mankind. We are not fighting for conquest. There is not one piece of territory or one thing of a monetary nature that we want out of this war.

We want peace and prosperity for the world as a whole. We want to see the time come when we can do the things in peace that we have been able to do in war.

If we can put this tremendous machine of ours, which has made victory possible, to work for peace, we can look forward to the greatest age in the history of mankind. That is what we propose to do.

Back