Nascar/ESPN

nessundorma

Reaction score
anyone know what song is being played in the background of the new Nascar on ESPN commercials?

I know it's definately an AC DC song, but i'm not sure which one. I heard the song played tonight during the commercial and it didn't have any lyrics. The song started out like AC DC's "Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" but I know its not that song. I only heard the tell tale scream of AC DC's lead singer saying yeah.

Great question. This song has also been used during segues between NFL football games and commercials this past season. I'd love for someone to step up to the plate and name the AC/DC song.

Originally posted by rerunnyc@Jan 24 2007, 08:22 AM
GREAT JOB on finding out that song!!! Thanks buddy!
Yeah, JGM deserves a pat on the back. :)

There is another version of this commercial featuring different music. There are no lyrics, just a guitar. The music is pretty mellow and the guitar sounds like a slide guitar. The commercial features families, kids, and racecar drivers joking around. Does anyone know what song this is?

Originally posted by mdoeff@Jan 28 2007, 04:15 PM
There is another version of this commercial featuring different music. There are no lyrics, just a guitar. The music is pretty mellow and the guitar sounds like a slide guitar. The commercial features families, kids, and racecar drivers joking around. Does anyone know what song this is?
I believe you are looking for the same song. The AC DC song clip in the commercial is instrumental with no lyrics.

No. it's definitely not the AC/DC song. There are a couple of different versions of that commercial. The music on the one that I'm referring to is much more mellow. It almost sounds like an Explosions in the Sky song but I'm pretty sure it's not them.

i'm wondering the same thing too. above is the link to the other version of the NASCAR on ESPN promo. It's definitely not the AC/DC song which is "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

So is everybody stumped on the name of that song? And I'm not talking about the AC/DC version. Maybe this was one of those songs produced by an agency that is not available anywhere?

its for sure a band called explosions in the sky..the name of the song is yasmin the light

actually i think i lied....i dont think the song is yasmin the light...but i know i heard that song before and i know it was explosions in the sky

Holy hell, you're right, it is Explosions In The Sky's song "Yasmin The Light". Hmm, I don't think people who haven't heard the song are going to expect how hard the song rocks at points given the portion in the commercial. Great band, can't wait to see them live at the end of this month.

being an incredibly hardcore fan of EITS, I can guarantee it's not Yasmin the Light, that's one of my favorite songs by them. In fact, this song isn't even by Explosions in the Sky. But, given that, I still have no idea who does this song.

Back