Heat

Virro

Reaction score
I was hoping someone might be able to help me identify what track is used in this video. Its fairly common and I just happened to stumble upon it used here. Hopefully someone will be able to give me a title to what's been stuck in my head for so long now. Any help is appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Rz4GyCOpQ&NR

It appears to be a video response to another youtube video. I would suggest the easiest thing to do to find the song is email the person who make/posted the video directly - or comment on the video asking what the song is.

It does sound familiar though :blink:

I already sent the person who created the video a message, but he has yet to respond. Will do on the other suggestion though.

That's a hugely popular song....ugh. I THINK it's Philip Glass, but I'm not positive on that one. Could also be Moby though. Whatever it is, I have it somewhere on my computer or on a CD, so those two would be my guess. You'd like Philip Glass if you like that song anyway. Check this CD of his out. That song's gonna drive me nuts now....

I knew I recognized it! HA! It's Moby. Check this out. It's #16 on the first disc. It's called "God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters". I rock. :D

Ah yes! Thanks so much...now I remember where its from. It plays at the VERY end of "Heat" after the big final showdown at the airport as the credits are about to roll. It also appears on an Apple ad from maybe the late 80's, early 90's? I'm a huge Moby fan but didn't realize he had done this...must have been some of his early work. And yep, I love Philip Glass. Thanks again!

Re: HEAT Movie Trailer song

Hym I'm not sure that track is actually a part of the movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_(soundtrack).
I have most of the songs from the movie from various albums and an old friend had the complete sound track as well. The track played at the beginning of the trailer, while a familar style to the music composed for the Kronos Quartet (the band for many of the songs on the movie), doesn't seemed to appear sampled on anyone's collection. Even the William Orbit pieces and the Hand in Hand tracks don't bear a resemblence to those notes.

That happens quite often in movies where they don't use songs that are on the soundtracks or songs used in trailers and or commercials for the film.

Back