Hyundai Elantra

JohnTheGreat

Reaction score
I just saw the Hyundai Elantra commercial. It has many people inside squares dancing around to a song that sounds similar to King of The Bongo by Manu Chao. Does anyone know this song?

The song on the elantra ad is "All Time Lows" by Hellogoodbye off the album Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! Check out the Hyundai site for freebie.

Originally posted by melmel@Jan 12 2007, 06:44 PM
The song on the elantra ad is "All Time Lows" by Hellogoodbye off the album Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! Check out the Hyundai site for freebie.
actually it's not, the song by Hellogoodbye is part of the Hyundai Myspace ad. campaign, which has little to do with the Elantra tv commercial. The song is completely different.

Does anybody know the name of this song? I've been dying to find out. It sounds kind of like a Manu chao remix.

I've heard it's Bongo Bong by Manu Chao. Not sure if it's a remix or the original.

It sounds similar to King of the Bongo (aka Bongo Bong) by Manu Chao, but I think the person in the comments on the YouTube who said it was that might be mistaken because it's a bit different if you listen to it.

Although if it's a remix, who knows...

Nothing on their website, no luck digging out what ad agency may have made it. Any ideas?

It sounds a lot like a certain band named John Brown's Body. As for the song <shrugs>

Well, i have some unfortunate news for everyone. I too have been looking for this song (desperately) I might add.

Good tip on the john browns body, sbut a little off their style. Great band btw :)

So, i contacted hyundai consumer affairs. They had a memo released stating that any inquiries as to the design or music behind the alantra commerical was to be directed to Elias Art (company).

You can visit their website at www.eliasart.com

HOWEVER!

I contacted Elias Art ...they stated that all of the music they do is for commercial purposes. Only someone in the industry can get ahold of the reel that has that song on it :(

I even asked the girl at elias art if i got a petition could she release it, she laughed and said if they handed out the song to everyone, there would be no time to do their job. Lame response IMO, but there you have it folks

The mystery is solved.

I would be more than willing to pay for the song (hell, I'll paypal 5 bucks right now just for that track), but i doubt I'll ever get it.

Oh, and PS...

I was told by hyundai to contact a 'Kala Sherman' at elias art about it, but i didnt ask for her when i called. I feel too stupid to call back to beg, so if someone else wants to try to get in contact with her, post your results!!!

Remember the power of the public!

Great job if'n your correct about all this.

Still it's a lot like JB's Body... all the phase-shifting and the like - That'd be a band to sample for a lot of moods & tempos. There's also a tune by The Slackers on their album "Wasted Days" titled Dub 2 that I had to listen to to rule them out as well.

Hi All
This has been driving me crazy - mainly because I know this tune, and have been humming it over the years, but never thought about it. It has taken a few days but little by little the little gray cells came through.
Its a song from the 70's by a group called 'Jonathan Richman and the New Egyptians', and its called 'Egyptian Reggae'.

Guess what.

Its on YouTube

Originally posted by redny@Jan 17 2007, 01:36 PM
Hi All
This has been driving me crazy - mainly because I know this tune, and have been humming it over the years, but never thought about it. It has taken a few days but little by little the little gray cells came through.
Its a song from the 70's by a group called 'Jonathan Richman and the New Egyptians', and its called 'Egyptian Reggae'.

Guess what.

Its on YouTube

it's not even close if this is what you claimed, no matter how it's been redone or remixed

Me again.
That should have been 'Jonathan Richman and the modern lovers'
Sorry

Maybe, Anthony. Maybe not.

Its certainly a remix of something.

With respect, I still think its Eyptian reggae

Any other votes from the forum?

Originally posted by Anthony@Jan 14 2007, 07:54 PM
youtubed ;)
by the way, it does sound like manu chao's music
listen carefully, there are a lot of tap dance steps throughout the music, even some laughing. It doesn't seem to me it's composed specifically for the commerical, more like a cut from a soundtrack or something.

Back