New Toyota Hybrid Commercial

bullitt245

Reaction score
This thread is for a commercial different than the one mentioned in the existing thread. There is a new commercial that I only remember as far back as yesterday that has 3 people standing in a garden with different Toyota hybrid cars. Each one has different signs that explain why the cars are good. In the meantime, there is a catchy song that is constantly building towards a climax that sounds very similar to the artist Devotchka, who did the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack. The commercials were shown during the wildcard playoffs especially this weekend. If anybody can help that would be awesome.

bump has nobody seen this commercial... it's all over the place!!

Right there with you bullitt. The commercial with the people holding signs that fold to create other signs about emissions and mileage and such, while in the background the music definitely has that Devotchka vibe, building up to a horn-driven climax. Anyone out there have any ideas?

I'll throw out a random guess ...

Maybe something by ...

Beirut ???

Having that "Devotchka vibe" and the "horn thing" made me think of this ...

I dunno ...
Right or wrong (<- probably the latter) ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

thanks for posting guys... i knew i couldnt be the only one out there

i looked into a few beirut songs but couldnt find this one... i am not saying you are wrong but ill definitley know it when i hear it

i need that song guys:) ive seen that damn commercial twenty times already this week! when you say 'devotchka' do you mean from the novel/movie a clockwork orange? because i know anthony burgess essentially made that word up..is it a new genre of music too now? explain please:)

devotchka is a band named after burgess's nadsat word from clockwork orange

his songs, a majority of which appeared on the little miss sunshine soundtrack, sound very similar to the song in the commercial

Burgess did not make ANY words up. They are ALL basic Russian words. Ask any Russian and they will tell you Devotchka means girl. Malchik means boy. Droog means friend. Horosho means good. Moloko means milk.

Back