Titles of 3 songs

farbeyond

Sandman
Reaction score
Hi, I heard 3 songs in a store recently that I would like to know the names of. Subpar lyrics sites, google searches etc. have turned up nothing.

The 1st song sounded like something by Neil Diamond. The lyrics I heard were (like a ride on a rocket.......we were begging for more).

The 2nd song sounded like the bands Sweet or Electric Light Orchestra. I only remember hearing the word (sundown) repeated throughout the song and it's not ELO's Showdown song.

The 3rd song sounded like the band Hanson but more alternative and less poppy than their usual stuff like mmbop. The lyrics that were repeated were (livin' on the road).

Any ideas, Thanks

There is a song by Neil Diamond called Delirious Love and it has the line "we were begging for more". Maybe????

My idea for the second song may be totally off...but.... maybe Gordon lightfoot? "Sundown"? - he doesn't sound all that much like ELO though.....

No idea on the third....

ANyway - hope this helps....

Good luck!

That is the Neil Diamond song, thanks.

It's not the sundown song but thanks for the idea.

1 down 2 to go.

Originally posted by sunflwrz@Jan 3 2007, 06:09 AM
2nd song maybe Hurry Sundown by Outlaws?
:huh:

prolly not
No, thats not the song but it is the right genre and a pretty good classic rock song. Thanks for the idea.

I was thinking the sundown song was Gordon Lightfoot, but he doesn't really sound like Sweet or ELO.

Yeah i'll just have to wait to hear the song again before I can provide more information or lyrics.

Alright I found the second song. It was: ELO - "Sweet Talkin' Woman". The lyrics actually say (slow down) not sun down like I thought. It does sound very similar though even when I listen to the song now.

2 songs down 1 to go.

OH NICE!!! now that i have been searchin' like crazy :p
just kidding...
good song though :lol:

Originally posted by sunflwrz@Jan 6 2007, 05:24 PM
OH NICE!!! now that i have been searchin' like crazy :p
just kidding...
good song though :lol:
Doesn't it sound like slow down could be sun down in the ELO song?

The 10,000 Maniacs song is not the one but thanks again for the idea. The lead singer of the song I heard was definately male.

I heard more lyrics for the 3rd song again today and searched without any luck.

"will be living on the road again" "doing what we please" "won't it be alright, looking at the sun" "we can walk these streets of fortune" "baby you were born to run" "maybe 100 miles" "holding onto you" "you can take away whats mine"

it's not Bruce Springsteen's - Born To Run

Livin' On The Run by Scott Grimes

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0007N19WS/ad...s-20/ref=nosim/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/...5997338-2270411

We'll be livin' on the run again
Takin' all the life we can
Doin' what we please
Holdin' on to you
Ridin' down the highway
If they take away what's mine
Still you see the love will shine
Won't it be alright?