Old Music Video/Commercial

foriambill

Reaction score
I've been trying for years to find someone who remembers a specific song/music video, and it looks like this may be the right place to ask, so I'll just get on with it.

Quite a few years ago (7-10) there was a music video for a techno song, in which three guys were singing over the beats, while sitting in a car. On the street corner across from where they sat a professional looking black man walked up to the corner and placed some cardboard on the ground, he put an old school boom box on the ground next to it and took an old pair of shoes out of a shoebox and put them on. This is actually the part where the guys in the car start singing, just after the man turns on the boom box.

He proceeds to break dance.

A crowd gathers and in the lower region of the music video the crowd is talking about the guy who is dancing, and how he lost the girl of his dreams in childhood, because of the shoes. This day is the anniversary of that loss and every year he comes back to the same corner and dances. One dance. The song ends, the guy packs up and leaves. The video ends.

Okay, so, the song in the video was also used for a car commercial (I think), which I also believe is the car the three (I think) guys are sitting in while they sing and the guy dances.

I have been desperately been trying to figure this out for years and no one seems to remember either the commercial or the music video. I only saw it once, and it was played directly after the music video for Fatboy Slims Weapon of Choice. That's all I can remember, I hope someone can help. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Ah...yes...I know exactly what Vid that is...good description...at the very end there's a white guy with curly brown hair and he asks the girl standing there to go for coffee...

I'll try and track it down (I can't remember the artist but I'm pretty sure they're a British trio).

iamkgb, Thank you so much! I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. It's nice to have finally found something decent and worthwhile on the internet, thanks for being here.

-- Bill

Originally posted by foriambill@Jan 1 2007, 10:53 PM
iamkgb, Thank you so much! I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. It's nice to have finally found something decent and worthwhile on the internet, thanks for being here.

-- Bill
Aw shucks :blush: Thanks and you're welcome :eek:k:

Back