Verizon enV

jfame617

Reaction score
in the verizon EnV phone commericial there is a choir/trailer music like track...does anyone know what this track is?

You can view the commercial here (if you can navigate Verizon's Flash based site):

http://estore.vzwshop.com/env/

The track is mostly likely a piece of licensed music from a ad music production house.

apparently the commercial has a 2nd version which is not listed on their website ;)

1st version here:

does anyone know the name of the song used on the enV verison commercial ?? <_< :unsure: :huh:
here is a link of the commercial on youtube :

Thanx,
-magicman-

i'm pretty sure it's from "carmina burana" by the turn-of-the-century composer carl orff. it's a proto-minimalist score. the choir is adapted from ancient stories of gypsies and fortune told by monks. if you like the music, look up carmina. you would like it.

Originally posted by tesiii@Jan 5 2007, 10:55 PM
i'm pretty sure it's from "carmina burana" by the turn-of-the-century composer carl orff. it's a proto-minimalist score. the choir is adapted from ancient stories of gypsies and fortune told by monks. if you like the music, look up carmina. you would like it.
I had been looking into "Carmina Burana", specifically the "O Fortuna" movement, but it doesn't quite sound like the music in the enV ad. Definitely similar, though.

I'd like to add that even if the piece ends up being something written specifically for the ad, it does owe a lot to Carl Orff's work.

As I've been looking into this, I've found some well known composers seem to have used Carmina Burana as inspiration.

"Charging Fort Wagner" from the movie Glory, composed by James Horner.

Several aspects of the Star Wars: Episode 1 soundtrack by John Williams.

carmina has lots of sections. it might be one of them. my friend has my score though. and yes, horner and williams quote that style for action and drama with subtones of medieval thinking and morality.

Yeah, this is a tough one - I've listened to lots of classical music, and I feel like I've heard something similar, but I can't find it... But I'll keep looking to see if I have something that matches.

I know that its the song also playing through-out the level at Apocalypse's church, Madri Temple towards the end of the X-Men Legends II game. It plays really loud when you're battling the cult priests. Unforunately I've yet to find a site that lists the music from the game.

ive been looking for a while yet and i still can not find this stupid song lol

the Spiderman 2 trailer and "The Merger" preview for The Office had a similar song. The song is called "Preliator" by Globus (if you like the music in this commercial, you will like this song). Globus is a group of Hollywood composers that make epic symphonies usually for the use of movie trailers. Were I to guess, the music used in this commercial may be Globus or a similar musical group.

I definitely want to know for sure though.

Ive have come close to songs that are about the same as this there are a bunch of somgs like this from Immediate Music but still no luck

Back