Wimbledon tennis

Stripes

Reaction score
I was wondering what the theme is for NBC's Wimbledon coverage.
It has trumpets and sounds kinda regal.

Thanks

Wimbledon theme music

It's the music with the sort of fanfare/horns that plays every year as the main Wimbledon theme music, on both NBC and HBO - that I've seen. They've had it for as long as I can remember but I can't seem to find composer info or the music itself anywhere. Any help would be enormously appreciated.

There is another "transition" song (no lyrics) that NBC uses only for Wimbledon, not any other events... I don't think it is available outside of their broadcasts, but I've always wished I could have a copy of that one.

Yup, Givemfitz, that's the one! I've been searching for at least an hour and a half far and wide all over the internet for some way to retrieve it, but I don't think it's going to work. But that is the one. And Neo979, the one you may be thinking of is the one I found on iTunes under U.S. Open Tennis. I'm almost 100% positive I've heard it during Wimbledon too, but for some reason it's listed under the aforementioned. and of course it's downloadable.

Originally posted by elishane@Dec 27 2006, 12:56 PM
Yup, Givemfitz, that's the one! I've been searching for at least an hour and a half far and wide all over the internet for some way to retrieve it, but I don't think it's going to work. But that is the one.
It's called "Light and Tuneful" by Keith Mansfield.

Edit - Never mind. That sample blows.

Trying to find the music for both. The Wimbledon theme I'm looking for is the sort of fanfare music with a horn solo and orchestra; and the Australian Open theme is the one that plays before all the actual tennis coverage with the player montage.

Song Help Please?!?!?

Was wondering if anyone could help me with the piece of music playing from 0:12 to 0:36.

It's Channel 9's (Australian TV Channel) old theme music for Wimbledon.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

EDIT: I tried using Shazam on my phone but because it has background noise playing over the music, it didn't recognize it. DANG.

Back