Master Card

tackd

Reaction score
Anyone know the tune in the new Mastercard commercial where the family is meeting up at the airport? I believe the caption has something like "Not being alone for the holidays...Priceless."

It's a beautiful folk-sounding tune. Thanks...Dave

I just saw this commercial and came here to see if anyone knew the song! I wish I knew what it was!

I'm sorry but I didn't look at the TV set until the end of the commercial so I can't even describe the commercial. But it's a new ad from Master Card and it's a guy singing over an acoustic guitar. It's a really soft song.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Is he really the artist, or is it a cover of one of his songs? And what's the song name? "Merry Christmas Everyone"? Thank you!

This is the song/commercial I was asking about in a previous thread. I believe the lyrics go something like:

"Snow is falling all around me,

Children playing having fun.

Tis the season for love and understanding.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Time for parties and celebrations,

People dancing ......................"(then it just fades out)

I think the singer is Lonnie Donegan, but I don't know the name of the song.

There are tow different commercials being discussed here. the original posting is about an airport scene where a slow paced spacey folk song ...not the upbeat snow filled christmas.

the lyrics, in pieces, I came up with are as follows:

Maybe I'm Wrong..something, something, sympathy..nobody ever says goodbye

Yes, I'm referring to that slow paced song as well.. why can't Mastercard just inform us? Isn't that the whole point of using a song in a commercial - to get the artist publicity?

I have tried to find this song for download Findlay Brown (Come Home) but I am unable to find a free copy. iTunes for England has it. Piccadilly records www.piccadillyrecords.com is the olny place to even buy a CD at present with the song if you are in the US. Godd Luck y'all...

I didn't relize there were 2 versions. I am in Canada, The commercial is the same just the music is different. Neat.

"Come home" by Findlay Brown is on "Don't You Know I Love You" EP (5 tracks) -- It will be released as a single in Late January 2007.
More info on this site:-

PeaceFrog Records

scroll down to 23/11/06

I live in the UK but got my EP from Austria with no problems. :)

Not to disagree with Energised; "Come Home" by Findlay Brown is available for download as a single now. I suppose it's site specific.

here is the US version ad.
Mastercard Priceless TV commercial "airport" (2006)

interesting, they depreciated the British Pound against the US dollar in the commercials :lol:

*waves hello* Just wanted to give folks here a little tip: closed captioning very often gives the name of the artist at the beginning of the commercials. I just saw the MasterCard commercial, turned on the CC, rewound the DVR, and it read, (Findlay Brown's "Come Home" plays)...
Doesn't work for every commercial, but it's worth a try :)

Back