2006 Winter Olympics commercial

Originally posted by Plane Freak@Dec 10 2006, 01:38 PM

Been asking this for months but to no avail. :( Thanks in advance!
Asking where?

(I see no other posts by you about this.)

Originally posted by jca+Dec 10 2006, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Dec 10 2006, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Plane Freak@Dec 10 2006, 01:38 PM

Been asking this for months but to no avail. :( Thanks in advance!
Asking where?

(I see no other posts by you about this.) [/b][/quote]
...in various forums. :ph34r:

I can find nothing on it but.....having worked on many Olympic licensed spots over the years, I would bet that the music was composed for the spot. There are so many layers of approval to use the rings logo that it is just easier to get original music.

This sounds like an Enya type artist to me. Beautiful music. Could possibly be someone from Italy since the Olympics were held there. Hopefully someone will come up with the artist.

Originally posted by spudnut+Dec 10 2006, 07:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spudnut @ Dec 10 2006, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I can find nothing on it but.....having worked on many Olympic licensed spots over the years, I would bet that the music was composed for the spot. There are so many layers of approval to use the rings logo that it is just easier to get original music. [/b]

Darn. :( Thanks for the input, though! :)

<!--QuoteBegin-Reds

This sounds like an Enya type artist to me. Beautiful music. Could possibly be someone from Italy since the Olympics were held there. Hopefully someone will come up with the artist.[/quote]
Indeed! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that there is a name to this beautiful compilation!

Originally posted by doctormemory@Dec 12 2006, 03:31 AM
Sounds like something Karl Jenkins composed.

:unsure:
Good guess. Been spending time around iTunes and Amazon listening to the samples, hoping that the familiar tune comes up. Still no luck yet. :(

Back