it's time to put "Search b/f Ask" in the sticky

I see your 2 cents and raise you 6 cents.

I agree. Let's sticky the Search before Ask.

:eek:k: :usesearch: <_<

People tend to ignore the stickies. :(

(How unclear is a sticky with the subject "Do NOT trade files or music.", for example.)

May add it as a sticky, but in the meantime we did add a search form to the top of the forum listing to see if that has any impact.

To a point I agree with the suggestion. Additionally, we need to keep in mind that some newcomers just are not familiar with forums like this, etiquette, etc. I think we can be a bit friendlier in our "try search next time, blah, blah, blah" replies. I know that sounds a bit huggie, kisse, etc. Believe me, that ain't my nature; I just think people deserve a bit more dignity and respect than what I see sometimes. Now, if it's clear you're dealing with a jerk, that's another matter which might best be resolved in the pm venue. There, I feel better now. Hope all of you have a safe and joyous Christmas.

I agree, but I feel that most people are not being mean when they say search again, they are just trying to inform the newbie. Emotions do not show up good online which is where the problems arise. People may perceive somone as being rude or mean, but they mean something an entirely different way. Which is why we have the smilies too use to signify our emotions or sarcasm etc....

Back