Showtime series promos

ivs

Reaction score
who sang the song for showtime's original series commercial. it had dexter, sleeper cell, the L word in it. the it had the lyrics " what's the fun in playing it safe".

don't know the commercial, but from the lyrics it could be "Dirty Laundry" by Bitter:Sweet
hope it's what you meant...

On showtime there is a segment between shows that previews some of the series (such as dexter, the tudors, etc...)and has a song that plays to it... Love the song but can't figure out what it is?? Please help! Thanks.

if its the one I'm thinking of its called "dirty laundry" by Bitter:sweet, its a kickass song
hope i helped

We just saw ad on Showtime - may have been for their movies - although it featured a bit of Jiminy Glick. Song was very cool; but what was it? It sounded like the Bangles singing "Been Caught Stealing" (although it wasn't that song, and it probably wasn't them specifically).

Anyone?

Ok, Showtime has updated the trailer that they are using now. The background music now contains something along the lines of "Take My Hand." Anyone have an idea?

Hopefully someone can help me. Im looking for this song that is played before a movie that you have selected on Showtimes On Demand. The promo features 2 second clips from Dexter, Tudors, and I think Weeds. It has no words so its difficult to describe it. I asked Showtimes support center and they didn't know.
Thanks!

I can't remember exactly what channel it was airing for but it seemed to be a montage of upcoming things but there was a guy singing in a Keane/Snow Patrol-like sound and the song went like this:

"Come and run away with me
There's a world for us to see
Take my hand and I'll show you
Take my hand
Come away with me
There are places we can find"

thank youuuu

I wrote them down when I heard it so I'm pretty sure it's accurate and from what I could tell, I assumed it was the chorus

I don't think these are all referring to the same song...a couple are but that's from what I can gather

Bump
(Keepsake message edited somewhat)

Showtime montage of upcoming series using song with the following lyrics:

"Come and run away with me
There's a world for us to see
Take my hand and I'll show you
Take my hand
Come away with me
There are places we can find"

Anyone know the name and artist of this song?

Thanks

I know! It's killing me. It reminds me a little bit like Borne or Keane or a band like that. I've heard it 3 times now and it's for sure a Showtime Promo commercial with a montage of shows.

yeah i dont know what happen with that link.,.. but here is the commercial

Yeah I searched everywhere, its driving me nuts.. Cant find anything

I just ripped that from my DVR so we could atleast have a starting point.....

HI everyone. I'm in a huge bind and really need your help please.
I perform on stage and have spent the last 2 months looking for the right song. And then suddenly, at the end of a movie I'd Tivo'ed on the Showtime channel I heard it. Too bad they didn't list any sort of information about the song title or artist. I've tried everything I can think of to get the song, but I've come up short. And worse, my husband deleted the movie so now I can't even reference the song anymore (it's just the little bit's I can barely recall).
This is the new promo that Showtime has put out titled "September to Remember". It includes some of their original shows (Weeds, Brotherhood, Dexter), some movie premieres (Failure to Launch and World Trade Center), and boxing at the end. The song itself has lines something like "remember me" and "watch me work" (although I can't really remember any of these lines now).
Please, please, please help me so that I can kill on stage. I'm losing my mind at the moment. If I can find the promo online anywhere I will post it here in the hopes that it will help.
Thanks again!
Toodles,
Lady Bomb

Hi All,

I work at SHOWTIME. And I know why you haven't been able to find this song's artist. You see, we composed/produced this song ourselves. It is loosely based off of the Plain White T's song "Let Me Take You There."

I hope this puts an end to your search.

Remember- The BEST SHOWS (and now SONGS) are now on SHOWTIME. :)

Dee

Back