Discover Ireland

ilmt50

Reaction score
I'm sorry if someone else posted this. I didn't see anything.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the music used in the Shamrock.org Irish travel commercial. The song is celtic and starts slow with voice, but then speeds up into a dance type of melody. It's very cool and I'm just wondering what it is. The narrator in the commercial says something along the lines of "There's Irish in All of Us".

Thanks!

I haven't seen the ad in question but previous Tourism Ireland commercials have used a specially commissioned version of the Theme from 'Harry's Game' by CLANNAD (Track 1).

A dance version of the track was released as 'Saltwater' by CHICANE.

You can listen to samples of the original mix and The Thrillseekers Remix

The latter version sounds the closest to that in the commercial.

I've seen that commercial you speak of, I too recognized the song. I possess it on a disc I found (strangely enough) on the side of the road. The disc is 'Kiss Ibiza 99', a compilation.

I believe the version by Chicane is indeed the version you search for, as the song on my disc is immediately what I thought of when I saw the commercial. :)

Okay, so which one is the one that is in the commercial? I got the saltwater song and it's definately not the one in the commercial. The song from the commercial is a well known techno/dance piece that has been used in ads before for upbeat stuff like the Ireland tourism commercial. Thoughts?

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the commercial where padraig harrington is promoting ireland tourism?

It sounded like it was by enya or clannad. It kind of sounded like "theme from harry's game" by Clannad but not quite the same tune.

Does anyone know the name of the artist and title of the song used in the tv commercial seen on the Golf Channel, featuring Padraig Harrington promoting Ireland as a terrific vacation area, and the host of next years Ryder Cup matches?

well, hopefully this will help. can't say that i watch the golf channel, i've only seen one Ireland commercial on tv lately. and the song is called "Saltwater" by Chicane. :)

"Saltwater" is the background music used on the Shamrock.org website featured in the Golf Channel Ireland tv ad, and sounds very much like a techno version of the song used in the ad. You've been very helpful, thanks !!!

oops i should have told you this earlier - the version of the song in that commercial is "Saltwater" by Chicane, but it's the Thrillseekers remix. :)

Do I understand you correctly, Thrillseekers is the name of the artist performing Saltwater by Chicane? I downloaded Saltwater by Chicane but it sounds like a dance/techno-remix version of the song used in the golf channel commercial. Nevertheless, you've been a big help as i like that version of the song as well ! :)

yeah it's the same song, same artist, but the Thrillseekers remix is the slow version on the commercial. so if you go download it, just search Saltwater and put Thrillseekers, or you can put Saltwater and Chicane, but make sure you download the version that says Thrillseekers on it. :)

can anybody help? there's a song which is an uptempo version of Clannad's 'Harry's Game' that I'm searching for - it was once used as the soundtrack to a tv commercial advertising the Irish Tourist Board -
<_< thanks in advance for your help.
Dave.

Greetings all.

There was a commercial running in the US about a year or two ago featuring a voiceover by Martin Sheen for Discover Ireland (discoverireland.com). The commercial was more or less a flyover of the Irish countryside with Sheen's voice over the music.

I've tried looking for a while to find the song played during the commercial, I know it's a stretch, but you've all been amazing in the past, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Does anyone recall that one?

Thanks!!!

Joe

if it is commercial with fly over ireland and horses running with a celtic techno beat..............THEN IT IS "SALTWATER" by the music group CHICANE

Back