Macy's "From Me To You"

mason88

Reaction score
Macy's "From Me To You"

What's the name of the band covering the Beatle's "From Me to You"? Oxford American magazine's summer music issue had a great article on cover tunes. This song could've been included in the best of notes...

I'm pretty sure it's a Macy's commercial...maybe a Target? I don't watch commericial tv very much.

Macy's has a series of commercials currently playing featuring at least two different version of the Beatles song "From Me To You". Does anyone know who is doing the rock version? Best cover of that song I've ever heard. Thanks.

Been hearing this song all week, sounds like a an awsome cover for the "from me to you" song by the beatles. Anyone know who is covering it in this comerical?

not sure who covered it yet, but at least we can watch the spot :rolleyes:

Macy's 2006 TV commerical "gifts"

theres a band called "The Cavern Beat" - they look and sound just like beatles, they redid all their songs and everything. I just can't find any of their songs

Thanks, everybody, for looking for info. I've now heard a third version of the Macy's commercial, but the one I'm interested in is sort of a punk rock or new wave sound. I rarely care for other people's covers because I love the Beatles so much, but this one is very creative and it rocks. I'm going to keep looking and keep checking here.

Thanks, again!

I was hoping to see this here. There are a few different versions it seems, and the covers get worse over time. This is the first one I heard, and I liked it the most. Macy's does too, because it's the one on their site. You'd think they'd at least let people know who are singing these covers and getting people to notice, but that's probably asking too much out of a corporation.

Who sings this version? http://www.macys.com/campaign/macys_holiday_tv.jsp

Hey, Santiago, thanks for that link. That makes four different versions (!) because that is not the one I heard. This is frustrating! I hope someone else has a link with the other version. I did record the commercial using Tivo.

Originally posted by b4over@Nov 23 2006, 06:32 PM
Hey, Santiago, thanks for that link. That makes four different versions (!) because that is not the one I heard. This is frustrating! I hope someone else has a link with the other version. I did record the commercial using Tivo.
So far i've heard a punkish version and a hip hoppy one. This is irritating! XD

Wanted to let everybody here know, it's very possible Macy's used a music house (professional studio) to have this re-recorded. I am a music supervisor for TV ads and this is commonly done. People will redo a song soley for a commercial and it may only even be 30-40 seconds at it's completion and NOT available to the public. It is very frustrating, I agree, especially in a case like this where the cover is great and unique, but that is how it goes. Lastly, I will say there is a push in the industry in cases like this where it's done so well for them to get it out to the public as a purchasable song because there is a demand for it. Hopefully, ad agencies will start to catch up with this and get some of these great songs out there...

That's too bad. That Interpol-y version had me running to iTunes to try to find it (and then eventually joining this site). I hope it is an actual band, but there's nothing on iTunes, eMusic or Amazon.

Originally posted by cwczoo@Nov 24 2006, 07:39 AM
Wanted to let everybody here know, it's very possible Macy's used a music house (professional studio) to have this re-recorded. I am a music supervisor for TV ads and this is commonly done. People will redo a song soley for a commercial and it may only even be 30-40 seconds at it's completion and NOT available to the public. It is very frustrating, I agree, especially in a case like this where the cover is great and unique, but that is how it goes. Lastly, I will say there is a push in the industry in cases like this where it's done so well for them to get it out to the public as a purchasable song because there is a demand for it. Hopefully, ad agencies will start to catch up with this and get some of these great songs out there...
I was hoping it wouldn't be like that. I still can't find the Cat Power cover of the Blondie song "Hanging on a telephone" that they recorded for a Cingular commercial, apparently its only 40 seconds long. Sigh sigh sigh. Those are really nice covers though, hopefully they're real songs.

haha, the 5th version surfaced :p

Macy's 2006 TV commerical "xmas gifts"

I really want this one too.

P.S. Just wonderin' but is anyone else pissed that they bought Marshall Fields? They even tore down the original Marshall Field's in down town Chicagie. I've got so many found memories of that store with it's elegant dark green shading, particularly around Christmas time.

Back