Lexus "Moments"

goat

Reaction score
looking for whatever piece of music the new lexus commercial features.. it is all piano, nothing else.

none of those are the ones, i mean.. the only way i can describe it is it is JUST PIANO, no other music or sounds, besides the announcer.

its a very pretty piano, classical and complicated sounding

i just heard it tonight today, beautiful song.

it was for the new Lexus L.S.

i also would love to know the name of that song if anyone knows it!

I've heard it as well and love it. That was the original reason for finding this website. I can't find it either. Driving me nuts looking for it also! I hope someone finds it soon. I'll keep looking...

If you're talking about the "December to Remember Sales Event" commercial music, that song is called "Friends and Family" by Killer Tracks.

You can hear a sample at http://www.lexus.com.

Hope this helps,
BT7

Hi,

I think you are referring to the "pursuit of perfection".

This ad is not region specific, I have seen it in Finland, Germany and UK.

Unfortunately I think it may have been comissioned, however until we can find an answer,

you can view the ad here Lexus Ad...

Happy Hunting

Originally posted by goat@Nov 20 2006, 04:32 AM
none of those are the ones, i mean.. the only way i can describe it is it is JUST PIANO, no other music or sounds, besides the announcer.

its a very pretty piano, classical and complicated sounding
Original track, composed just for the ad by Ralph Kemper

Many thanks to Supermax :)

Anyone know who does the song in the Lexus "perfect moment" ad

'Same music got stuck in my noodle this fall. So I checked this forum and found out it was "composed" by Kemper. But it was as though I had heard it before. While not exactly the same, Yann Tiersen's "Comtine D'un Autre Ete: L'apres Midi," part of the Amelie Soundtrack is a bit TOO SIMILAR to be merely a coincidence.

Maybe it's what the Kemper's piece SHOULD have sounded like. He adapted the melody somewhat and took it down a key. Rhythm's the same but he added an acoustic guitar. Its JUST different enough at the end so that he's not plagiarizing. IMHO, the original sounded nicer.

Wonder if the sales and marketing guys at Lexus know.

Kemper's work is his own.

There isn't any plagarism going on, the style of music is similar to and there is a cascading piano but thats it really.

timetochoose,

I didn't say it was plagiarized. If you read my comments, you'll find I said it was very similar. If one artist wants to draw inspiration from the tune so be it. As I stated earlier, he altered it just enough to make the work his own. So its not plagiarism per se, just...artistic inspiration...cough giggle cough.

You've provided a link to listen to the whole piece. I don't think that's public domain. Anyone with Quicktime pro can make a copy.

Re: Lexus "Moments" commercial

I think you might be referring to Debussy's Claire de Lune? The last Lexus commercial I saw had this for a soundtrack. Check it out, hope this is the track you're looking for.

Back