Hyundai Toy Boy

Scarlett

Reaction score
I'm looking for this song for some time now. If anyone can help, would be great! Here is the video:

Thanks in advance ;)

Song title: Toy Boy
Possible artist: Serge Gainsbourg

The lyrics:

Je prends mon temps, je marche tout droit
Tu passes devant, je regard tes yeux
Je te donne l'amour quand et où je puis
Mais à demain, tu restes chez lui.
Toy boy, le monde se moque de moi
Je suis un toy boy, personne ne sait pourquoi
Je suis un toy boy, le monde se moque de moi.

I take my time, I walk straight on
You walk before me, I look at your eyes
I give you love when and where I can
But I'll see you tomorrow, you'll stay with him.
Toy boy, everyone makes fun of me
I am a toy boy, no-one understands why
I am a toy boy, everyone makes fun of me

Thanks a lot!
I searched with this data, and all that I found is something saying that it is a voice similiar to his :( He's an older singer.

Greetings,

Who knows the name of the song and/or singer from the French tune played as soundtrack for the Swedish Hyunday commercial? I loved it, but I can't find anything about the song...
Thanks,
T.

Are you sure the artist's name is correct? I do not think it is Serge Gainsbourg, though it sounds a lot like him.

It doesn't sound like Serge, and I've never heard of that song; so .... :unsure:

Where did you get that info, doctormemory?

Note: I said "possible artist"

Song title: Toy Boy
Possible artist: Serge Gainsbourg

I probably found it on some obscure web site while googling.

http://www.slate.com/id/1006396/

The song is very appropriate for the atmosphere of the Hyundai ad, which I find immensely funny. Here are the original French lyrics and English translation. The song is called Toy Boy and the voice sounds like Serge Gainsbourg's (Remember? The same who wrote Je t'aime, moi non plus.)

and student789 said:

Thanks so much doctormemory! I found the song

so either it is a song by Serge or it is not. So, the ball goes to student789, who is the artist of the song you found?

Ok, now this is driving me crazy as well. I stumbled upon it by accident trying to answer a different Hyundai Elantra question. Here's what i can determine so far:
There is a song called "Boy Toy (I'm The Boy)" on the Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited CD covered by the band Marc Almond & Trash Palace, but as far as I can tell it is not the same song (though the sample is all in english, I suppose it could be a different verse, but also I thought the music didn't sound at all the same, but then again it is a cover and it could be thier interpretation of it). Of course I can't seem to find a sample of the Gainsbourg original. Allmusic. com is listing only the song "I'm The Boy" and neither a song called "Boy Toy" or "Toy Boy" from him, and it also does not seem to be the song "I'm The Boy" either in sound or in lyrics.
It is also not any of the songs I can find on iTMS (including international versions which I also tried) or on allmusic.com entitled "Toy Boy" or "Boy Toy".
If I just try looking up the lyrics, I only get three results, redirected to this same post, the link Doctor Memory has already provided, or a third set of sites which is quoting said same link.
*sigh*

but, does exist a long version of this song or it's just this little part?

Back