3 Lbs

clnorris82

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of the classical song that lead off the show? It is a strings composition. Thanks!

The tune plays just after the violinist collapses, and as the new surgeon is making his way into the hospital. 1 minute and 14 seconds into the beginning of the episode.

Lyrics I could barely make out are "we've been down before, we have to try....(can't hear the words)" "We've been wrong before, we have to...."

Gentle synths in the background, whispery female vocals.

The first episode is available on the cbs site but I can't link to it as it's Flash based.

I think this was the first episode of this show, anyway it started out with a strings quartet playing and then one of the women started having problems and dropped her violin. This music came after that and was electronic with a female voice, but I could distinguish no words really, I don't know if she was really saying anything.

I know it's a song by the band Ivy, but I couldn't tell you which song. I only have one album of theirs and this song isn't on it.

What I want to know is what the string trio was playing. I heard the theme recurring throughout the episode, and I've heard the piece on commercials before. I have no clue who the composer is or anything.

hey,
It's "Perpetuum Mobile" by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. It's on the album Signs of Life.!!!!

What about the song that was played after this scene, when the doctor is first arriving to the hospital, and walking in?

Outstanding, that is it! Thanks so much. I want to use as a soundtrack in my iMovies.

The song that the three people are playing at the begining, what is it? you can watch it cbs.com on the innertube

i did use search, but they made "3 Lbs" one word like so "3Lbs." so that it would not show up on a search. i realize how annoying it can be to have tons of people post the same question but if it doesnt show up on the search don't blame me.

The song I requested, the one with the female vocals, is not Ivy. I checked every Ivy lyric and song preview available and none of them are remotely close. I even checked the various Ivy member side projects and still no dice. So I'm still left wondering.

And regarding that "merge", there was two seperate threads about the same show requesting different songs. The merged thread is a lovely condusing jumble now.

Sigh...

Originally posted by HonkyMoFo@Nov 21 2006, 10:19 PM
The song I requested, the one with the female vocals, is not Ivy. I checked every Ivy lyric and song preview available and none of them are remotely close. I even checked the various Ivy member side projects and still no dice. So I'm still left wondering.

And regarding that "merge", there was two seperate threads about the same show requesting different songs. The merged thread is a lovely condusing jumble now.

Sigh...
The song is "Faking the Books" by Lali Puna from the same-titled album "Faking the Books".

Originally posted by flowinu@Nov 30 2006, 08:22 PM
The song is "Faking the Books" by Lali Puna from the same-titled album "Faking the Books".
You rock. That's it exactly. Thanks!

Back