Advertising

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

watch the video here
    A Diamond is Forever 2006 TV commercial "Xmas Morning"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPODOUc8TRI

a quick search showed Lani Hall covered this song in 1972 album "Sun Down Lady"
    ,but there is no audio source available for comparying

Status

It doesn't sound like Lani Hall, so my guess is it's a newer "cover", maybe done especially for the spot. It does kinda sound like Cat Power though.

Status

I think it is Lani Hall, I just downloaded the song ad it sounds like her

Status

I actually emailed De Beers and believe it or not they emailed me back and confirmed that it is Cat Power is the artist and the song is How Can I Tell You. I tried to find the song on I Tunes and couldn't but apparently that's it.

Status

Originally posted by llwilson22@Nov 15 2006, 07:08 AM
    I actually emailed De Beers and believe it or not they emailed me back and confirmed that it is Cat Power is the artist and the song is How Can I Tell You. I tried to find the song on I Tunes and couldn't but apparently that's it.
    that would be awesome if so!~ unfortunately, I've looked to see if Cat Power ever did a cover of the song and it's not coming up so maybe it was specifically for them

Status

Originally posted by keepsake+Nov 15 2006, 03:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (keepsake @ Nov 15 2006, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-llwilson22@Nov 15 2006, 07:08 AM
    that would be awesome if so!~ unfortunately, I've looked to see if Cat Power ever did a cover of the song and it's not coming up so maybe it was specifically for them[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, she is known for her highy interpretive covers, and my guess is this is either one that was done specifically for the ad, or one that was never released. Let's hope they release the song soon.

Thanks for the research and info, wilson.