Rice Crispies "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

superkent

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the recent Rice Krispies Commercial. I was wondering if anyone knows the title of the song on the commercial. I'm dying to know the name of the song.

The artist's name is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and the track is titled "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World". This track is on his album Facing Future, and is also on the Meet Joe Black soundtrack.

And also on the episode of ER where Anthony Edwards (Dr. Greene) dies in Hawaii which is where I fell in love with it. Haha. Oh, and the 50 First Dates soundtrack as well.

Help please.. there is commercial that has been playing and i really want to know the name of the song. I have heard it on a movie or 2 but don't really remember the movies and the commercial. the thing that sticks in my head is that there is a lot of humming and is a really calm tune and i know there is a line aboput someday. if this question has been aked and answered then plaease forgive me for asking again.

I think you're hearing Israel Kamakawiwo'ole singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World." It's got the pretty humming in the beginning and the soft, calm tune you described. Hope that was it.

thanks for the help i will let you know if they were the right one

As long as we're just throwing out suggestions, could it be Crash Test Dummies - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm? The chorus of that song is hummed by the singer.

Based on your description though, I'd go with Somewhere Over the Rainbow. That one is on the Cheerios commercial.

Even though it's most like Over the Rainbow, I just heard another commercial with humming. It was the intro to "Little Bitty Pretty One". The commercial was either for Lipton Iced tea, or something to do with dairy.

Who sings the tune on that Special K commercial where the dad bonds with the kids, the couple cuddles, etc...its a slow song, and I could swear I heard it in a movie too...HELP!

I saw a commercial tonight that *might* have been for Special K. Did it have the couple sleeping on their bed with the baby in the middle?

The song in the commercial I'm thinking of is "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes; It was in Dirty Dancing, it was the song for the opening credits.

Did someone cover Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Over the Rainbow" ? Because the song on the Rice Krispies commercial, as well as a song on the radio I heard was a different version. It was softer I guess you could say, any ideas?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version on the Rice Krispie's commercial.

just caught this commercial this morning, love this cover. Pretty sure McDonald's used it in the late '90s, early '00s.

I'm almost certain it's not his, but of course I could be wrong...

It is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Same one in the toys.com commercial in the late 1990's, the soundtrack to Finding Forrester and a host of a bunch of other commercials.

I know this is a long shot but someone might know what I am talking about. I thought that it was Zellers commercial and it broadcasted on a Canadian network so maybe this isn't even the place to be asking.

Anyways - in the commercial there is a mom and a daughter and the young(maybe 5 years old) girl is sitting on the mom's lap.

The song has no words but sounds like he his humming puff the magic dragon.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Back