Gears of War

It's too bad that this song, like so many others in commercials, is not available on Napster or iTunes.

I suspect some sort of exclusive rights are purchased for these commercials that keep them unavailable for purchase. iTunes has much of Gary Jules catalog except for his most famous song.

"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Get it at Amazon.

Originally posted by toetag@Oct 31 2006, 10:50 AM
It's too bad that this song, like so many others in commercials, is not available on Napster or iTunes.
"Mad World" is listed as "Album Only" at, which I believe means you can get the song if you buy the entire Donnie Darko soundtrack (for $9.99) at iTunes.

Does anyone know what the song is on the Gear Wars commercial? I think I also heard the same song on a CSI episode.

One of the ads, actually a trailer, is "Mad World" by Gary Jules. Great music.

iTunes doesn't have the Gary Jules version, but they do have about 50 other artists' renditions of the same song. I'm not even exaggerating! There are at LEAST that many completely different versions of the song available, is it public domain or something? :confused:

The Michael Andrews version from the Donnie Darko Soundtrack and the Sacre version (not on the soundtrack but listed as " From Donnie Darko" :blink:) are closest to the version in the GOW commercial.

Ah, I see that the Michael Andrews version is "featuring Gary Jules" (not that iTunes labels it as such) and is the exact song used in the commercial. Really lame that it's album only, wtf.

Originally posted by apfhex@Oct 31 2006, 11:12 PM
iTunes doesn't have the Gary Jules version, but they do have about 50 other artists' renditions of the same song. I'm not even exaggerating! There are at LEAST that many completely different versions of the song available, is it public domain or something? :confused:

The Michael Andrews version from the Donnie Darko Soundtrack and the Sacre version (not on the soundtrack but listed as " From Donnie Darko" :blink:) are closest to the version in the GOW commercial.
well, as you probably know, "mad world" was orginally done by Tears for Fears and Gary Jules did a rendition of it for Donnie Darko. I actually prefer the original version.

Im looking for the song they play on the Gears of War commercial. Gears of War is a game (In case that helps at all). Also, this song is the last song on Donnie Darko (The movie) before the credits. I think it says Bad World or Mad World in it. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jca+Oct 31 2006, 08:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jca @ Oct 31 2006, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toetag@Oct 31 2006, 10:50 AM
"Mad World" is listed as "Album Only" at, which I believe means you can get the song if you buy the entire Donnie Darko soundtrack (for $9.99) at iTunes. [/b][/quote]
To me that's the almost the same as the song not being available. In essence you are paying ten bucks for the one song you want.

Does anyone know the song used in the recent XBox 360 ad for the game called "Gears of War". It is a digitally animated ad talking place in a dark and scarry urban war setting.

It's a remake of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World" by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules. It was originally featured on the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

Back