Phillips CD Recorder

DuGarner

Reaction score
It's been about five years - maybe more, but I just have the faintest wisp of a memory about a commercial (don't even remember the product) where a twenty-something couple sits down to dinner in an apartment. The guy puts on some music and instead of smooth jazz or something, it is this heavy speed metal, and unless I'm totally lost on this, I think the lyrics (shouted of course) are something like "let me call you sweetheart."

Then the camera cuts to the girl's expression, which instead of turning to disgust or suprise, she begins to rock out to the music. Ring a bell?

Does anybody remember what song that might be?

What were they even advertising?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The only "nontraditional" song with similar lyrics I've found is the song "Adore" or "I Adore" by DJ Zitkus. Good tune. Very electronic, dance, remix, etc. Not metal. not shouted. Just thought I would offer it as a possibility.

Not that it helps but I do remember the comemrcial and the song is "let me call you sweetheart"

But as you mentioned it was more metal and less traditional....

I will look around a bit...Sorry I can't be more help

I remember the commercial very well. I loved it too. Someone on another website wanted the answer and she said it was a Phillips Electronics commercial. Maybe that helps?

Found this for ya ...

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/misheard/b...bBBS_1746.shtml

Subject: song in "let me call you sweetheart ad"
Written By: Weird Alan on 7/8/2001 at 11:15 p.m.

Hey does anybody know the name of the song in this ad, I'm not sure what for (I think its for phillips or something), but in it, a guy and a girl sit down about to have a romantic he puts on a tape, and it's suspected to be romantic music but instead it's a heavy metal song "let me calll you sweetheart im in love with you" blasting out the stereo? If anyone knows please tell me. Thank you.

Subject: it's not available.. it's by Kittie
Written By: ChuckyG on 7/9/2001 at 11:13 a.m.

here's a good post I found which confirms it:

Posted by Sageice (Sageice64@hotmail.com) on Wed, Mar 7, 01 at 2:01

I e-mail Philips and this is what they replyed: The music in the CD Recorder spot, when the guy presses the play button on the remote, is "Let me call you sweetheart", (a very old song), re-recorded by Kittie, an all-female band from Canada. Unfortunately, the song is not available for distribution or purchase. Use is strictly for our commercial spots. Please reply if I can be of further assistance. I apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Thank you for contacting Philips Magnavox.

I remember that ad as well! ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Thanks so much for your help.

At least now I know I'm not crazy and someone else remembers this.

iTunes has a bunch of stuff by "Kittie" but unless this song goes by a different name, it's not on there.

Guy burning CD. Puts cd in stereo. Setting the mood. Girl/chick/female comes to the door. They sit down to eat. He turns on the cd player. It's starts to play. It's 'Let me call you sweetheart' as a heavy metal version. They start to jam out and it turns into the Philips jingle 'You got to admit it's getting better. Better all the time.' Well it's about to get REEEAAL GOOD cause I figured it out!

I WIN!!! I found it!!!

The name: LOVE MIX
The company: PHILIPS

THE LINK: http://www.clipland.com/Live/video/5102

Even if it's taken off later like the youtube link posted on here earlier where it's removed or something you can still search for it by it's name LOVE MIX. SWEEEEET!

Back